The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Oh I for one truly believe he will

I have no idea what we should reasonably expect from Fultz when he comes back. Here's got the widest range of outcomes i've ever seen. Something between a better version of what MCW did the other day and better De'Aaron Fox. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I have no idea what we should reasonably expect from Fultz when he comes back. Here's got the widest range of outcomes i've ever seen. Something between a better version of what MCW did the other day and better De'Aaron Fox. 

Are you listing Fox because you're playing it safe on him being healthy enough to shoot 3s? Fox is a really good player but Fultz could be an NBA SUPERSTAR

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If we do let Ross go, we should throw some money at Danuel House

I don't recall seeing him that much, looks like he's mostly been in the G League this year? It looks like he is a RFA, so how much do you think it would take to get him without the Rockets matching?

43 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Are you listing Fox because you're playing it safe on him being healthy enough to shoot 3s? Fox is a really good player but Fultz could be an NBA SUPERSTAR

I was thinking about two way point guards that play with pace and fox came to mind. 

Fox is making almost 38% of his threes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I don't recall seeing him that much, looks like he's mostly been in the G League this year? It looks like he is a RFA, so how much do you think it would take to get him without the Rockets matching?

So Houston has an issue with him because they don't own his bird rights even though he's a RFA so they'd need to use the MLE to match him (and Austin Rivers). So we could probably get away with offering the full MLE to get him (as matching would stick Houston with nothing but minimum contracts to use to obtain other guys) or if we have the cap room we could offer him slightly more than the MLE, like 9.5 million, and Houston wouldn't be able to match. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I was thinking about two way point guards that play with pace and fox came to mind. 

Fox is making almost 38% of his threes. 

That's such a game changer for him. Always enjoyed Fox

I ended up buying NBA Live 19 that is on sale for 4 bucks on the PlayStation Store. I only played one game, but I'm enjoying it ( then again I haven't really ever played a basketball sim game, just NBA Jam and some old NES bball games back in the day). A lot say 2K is better, but reviews said Live is less complicated (I had no idea what I was doing at first, so I got down by a lot, but got the hang of it and almost came back and won. On rookie difficulty though, but I've only played one game like I said).

My god, Wade has hit the 2 luckiest shots I’ve seen all season. And Derozan has a horrific 4th quarter

Edit: Oh I didn’t even see his halfcourt heave to end the third quarter. Great. Glad he’s hitting these kinds of shots 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't see Miami getting 40. 

Did not getting to 40 factor in beating the Spurs tonight.  34 wins now with next 5 games @Milwaukee, @Washington, at home against us and Dallas and then on the road against the Knicks.  If Bucks rest Giannis again and with their other injuries Miami could go 5-0, easily 4-1 in the next 5 games taking them to 38 after they beat the Knicks ith 6 games left.  Miami has not been losing to teams they should beat and beating some teams with better records.  40 wins is more likely than not.