The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

22 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I know you are talking nba level skills, but I watched every game since he came back. The kid hit the 3, pull up shots and mid range jumpers with nothing but net.He really does look like Barkley. The comparison is justified. 

I have to remind the youngsters on the forum, Barkley  was amazing, he was a unicorn. Don't hold it against him having no championships. He was top 5 in my lifetime  and probably  my favorite player to watch.

Barkley was a career 26 percent 3 point shooter. His best season from 3 was 33 percent which is still below league average of 35 percent. You basically have to build the Milwaukee bucks around him. A rim protecting stretch 5, and a high level wing 3 and d guy in Middleton. There's only two guys that can make a team like that and both of them are building the Orlando Magic so unless Zion goes go that Mickey Mouse team in Central Florida, I dont see his winning potential to be fully realized. 

6 hours ago, harley said:

I thought Fournier played well against Atlanta and he was 11 points 4/12. That’s saying something. I’m not in anyway saying Mario is good, it’s more the fact that Evan has fallen off a cliff and is damn near unplayable now. 

Fournier can be super odd where he'll have a good game and fit in with our team and then have a bad game but score in the last 2 minutes of the game to save our bacon for the win.

• Downvote 1

15 hours ago, jjgator said:

LeBron's reputation for being great has gone down this season more than I could have imagined. Funny it happens right after he says he's the GOAT.  There's no denying what he was able to do the last few years, but it's not like he did it completely alone. And people saying he couldn't cut it in the West have seemed to be right so far.

The guy is real old.He should be like Kareem, playing with a bunch of younger All-stars. Instead he has played with scrubs for the last 5 years, plus oft injured Love and Kyrie.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Barkley was a career 26 percent 3 point shooter. His best season from 3 was 33 percent which is still below league average of 35 percent. You basically have to build the Milwaukee bucks around him. A rim protecting stretch 5, and a high level wing 3 and d guy in Middleton. There's only two guys that can make a team like that and both of them are building the Orlando Magic so unless Zion goes go that Mickey Mouse team in Central Florida, I dont see his winning potential to be fully realized. 

Zion has definitely earned the right to be drafted #1 in this year's NBA draft.  You cannot teach the skills of someone who is 6'7" 280 pound quick explosive leaper who broke all of Duke's vertical leap records reported as over 40 inches and verballed by  Coack K as 45 inches. Yeah, he will have to adjust to the speed of the NBA but no one could handle the power of Barkley (probably the reason he was so good for the 1992 Olympic dream team) and Zion appears more powerful.  All Star in the making for sure.  Add to the fact that he can handle the ball and drive down the lane.  Anybody gonna stand in his way?

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Zion has definitely earned the right to be drafted #1 in this year's NBA draft.  You cannot teach the skills of someone who is 6'7" 280 pound quick explosive leaper who broke all of Duke's vertical leap records reported as over 40 inches and verballed by  Coack K as 45 inches. Yeah, he will have to adjust to the speed of the NBA but no one could handle the power of Barkley (probably the reason he was so good for the 1992 Olympic dream team) and Zion appears more powerful.  All Star in the making for sure.  Add to the fact that he can handle the ball and drive down the lane.  Anybody gonna stand in his way?

Yeah I think hes a super exciting player and definitely definitely should go #1. He deserves the hype as well and will probably be a nightly Sportscenter highlight machine. I also worry about his body holding up to the force weight and pounding he puts on it. I worry about his knees.

58 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Yeah I think hes a super exciting player and definitely definitely should go #1. He deserves the hype as well and will probably be a nightly Sportscenter highlight machine. I also worry about his body holding up to the force weight and pounding he puts on it. I worry about his knees.

Knee's always a worry but he looks pretty solidly built.  I just hope he goes to the West so we do not have to see him often.

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ross was due for a stretch like this. He's now hitting his career numbers on the season almost exactly. 

Fournier is inexplicable. He's been due for a good stretch of games. Other than that stretch late January into the all star break he's been slumping. 

he should have an 82 game "durant like" streak to make up for the disaster he has been the last couple of seasons

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Knee's always a worry but he looks pretty solidly built.  I just hope he goes to the West so we do not have to see him often.

I hope he goes out west too lol

Detroit lost to Cavs..

Wizard lost to Jazz

Heat are up 14 in OKC without Westbrook due to his suspended ... TYPICAL.... end of 3rd nearly

PG 13 do your thing ....

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, harley said:

were gonna have to catch brooklyn not heat!

If we keep winning then we have no reason to worry about losing. I think we can overtake both the Heat and the Nets and finish in that 7 spot. In fact I can smell it as if I am catching a whiff of New Jersey while driving on I-95.