The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I think we should try hard to get Malcom Brogdon. He can play PG if Fultz isn‘t ready or play the starting SG. Also try to resign Ross for a fair contract (not more than 15m per year). Trade Fournier and our Pick for cap space. Let Vuc walk and bring Gortat on a cheap contract back to the Magic.

Roster next season:

Fultz/Augustin/Brogdon/Briscoe

Brogdon/Ross/Frazier

Isaac/Ross/Iwandu

Gordon/Isaac/Martin or a veteran PF

Bamba/Birch/Gortat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If you still care about the path to the playoffs (which I get they've given us no reason to be optimistic) we basically need to tie Miami's record and beat them on March 26th (assuming Charlotte stays out of the playoffs). 

I think the real question is whether the actual team cares enough about it 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We'll find out tonight

It’s almost guaranteed to win tonight but that still doesn’t say much.  We’re gonna stretch out this anxiety driven season to the last game. 

6 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

It’s almost guaranteed to win tonight but that still doesn’t say much.  We’re gonna stretch out this anxiety driven season to the last game. 

I feel like nothing is a guarantee with these guys.  I was just thinking how I can feel unmotivated at work a lot and feel like I don’t wanna give 100 percent and how these guys like Fournier and Vuc giving lackluster effort with millions of dollars and a city to have some pride for. It really is sad we shouldn’t have to question any professional athletes effort ever. I think Briscoe is a big key with his infectious energy we definitely miss that. 

Losing tonight would be adding a nail to our coffin and be a huge mental dagger that will be difficult to overcome going forward. This team is so bipolar it’s exhausting. Where do we go this summer? Sure we’d all love to upgrade EF, but is it possible without a cost? Regarding Vuch, I think we can all agree that his offense is elite and if Fultz brings it then Vuch could be even more impactful, but is his inability to cover the P & R consistently and perimeter guarding neutralize his offensive benefit. ?4thewin has good statistical analysis; is there any merit to that ?4thewin? I would assume this may have correlations to + - stats.

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

I think we should try hard to get Malcom Brogdon. He can play PG if Fultz isn‘t ready or play the starting SG. Also try to resign Ross for a fair contract (not more than 15m per year). Trade Fournier and our Pick for cap space. Let Vuc walk and bring Gortat on a cheap contract back to the Magic.

Roster next season:

Fultz/Augustin/Brogdon/Briscoe

Brogdon/Ross/Frazier

Isaac/Ross/Iwandu

Gordon/Isaac/Martin or a veteran PF

Bamba/Birch/Gortat

Not bad, however it’s a no go zone trading the pick I think. Try get rid of Fournier and pick up and young player with potential and take on a year of salary to match. Let Vooch and Ross walk, the. Ride out one more year until that salary we pick up plus mozgov come off books. Then were cooking. Draft pick, Fultz, Bamba, Gordon and Isaac is as good a core as any long term.

6 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Losing tonight would be adding a nail to our coffin and be a huge mental dagger that will be difficult to overcome going forward. This team is so bipolar it’s exhausting. Where do we go this summer? Sure we’d all love to upgrade EF, but is it possible without a cost? Regarding Vuch, I think we can all agree that his offense is elite and if Fultz brings it then Vuch could be even more impactful, but is his inability to cover the P & R consistently and perimeter guarding neutralize his offensive benefit. ?4thewin has good statistical analysis; is there any merit to that ?4thewin? I would assume this may have correlations to + - stats.

Vucevic's main problem is the way he gets his points. 

Despite really good post footwork with moves, counter moves, and counter counter moves he's a bad post up player because he doesn't make a high enough percentage of his shots and he doesn't draw any fouls which could supplement his scoring. 

He gets his offense through spot up shooting and finding spots for easy buckets. And he's a bit more valuable to us because he can facilitate a bit. 

He's our number one option because he's somewhat reliable. He hardly ever shoots less than 40% in a game. But as you take away responsibility from him his offensive impact becomes less important and can't cover for his deficiencies as well. 

So if Fultz is great and we run our offense through him. Vuc can't facilitate. And if Vuc doesn't facilitate, can't defend, and has a much lower usage in our offense you can replace him with Mike Scott or someone like that