The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, The Boss said:

And we also have to start playing to our rosters strengths (fast pace), and that can't happen with Vuch. We need to move on, a little short term pain for long term gain.

Yess!! I’ve been saying this same thing. 

4 hours ago, The Boss said:

And we also have to start playing to our rosters strengths (fast pace), and that can't happen with Vuch. We need to move on, a little short term pain for long term gain.

Preach 

5 hours ago, The Boss said:

I'm not opposed to playing to our roster strength.  But the idea of short term pain for long term gain probably means 7 more years of futility.  You can't control the "short term" the way you think you can.  You can't turn it on and off like a switch. Putting our young guys out there to be obliterated when they aren't ready will ensure they don't develop properly, and that they get used to losing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, The Boss said:

Definitely see long term gain with this roster minus Vuc but do not necessarily see short term pain as an absolute.  There will be some question marks and "ifs" but this year we saw Isaac CAN shoot three point shots well.  AND he can really play defense.  This being, in essence, his rookie year so he should improve even more next year.  I say some indications of him becoming a creator and initiator.   With his size and mismatch at 3 (height) or 4 (quickeness) I would add some low post moves to his game.   I think AG's game would absolutely get better with better guard play and Isaac's imnprovement.   But the big "If" is Fultz.  If he is healthy and takes over PG, his ability to create, initiate, break down defenses should only help AG and Isaac and even Bamba.  I saw enough of Bamba and some of his successful games to believe he is for real.  And, perhaps he can duplicate Isaac's growth of this year next year.  But he needs to play!!  Iwundu and Briscoe's play has been a bonus. Hope we resign Ross.   Maybe Frazier can start helping next year.  Still need a 2 and maybe we get a shooter/scorer in the draft this year.  Bottom line is I see a path to no short term pain.

• Upvote 1

Magic backup point guard Isaiah Briscoe will undergo arthroscopic surgery this Wednesday to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee, the team announced today (via Twitter). According to the club, there’s no set timeline for Briscoe’s recovery — his return to basketball activities will hinge on how he responds to rehab after the surgery.

While it’s good news that the Magic aren’t ruling out Briscoe for the rest of the season, his chances of playing again in 2018/19 may not be great, especially if Orlando doesn’t clinch a playoff spot. The regular season ends in less than a month, and players who have undergone similar procedures in recent years typically miss more time than that.

This past fall, for example, Russell Westbrook had arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus on September 12 and returned to game action on October 21. Last season, Jimmy Butler underwent a similar procedure on his torn meniscus on February 25 and played his next game on April 6, returning just in time to help Minnesota clinch a playoff spot.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20229609/nba-free-agent-2019-2020-team-team-lists

This is a month old but i noticed people talking about the future again. Take a look people, who can be the guy if we  lose Vooch and Ross.

The first thing i noticed is Biyombo does have a player option to be a free agent this year.I Can't imagine he uses his option  but stranger things have happened. Imagine if he does and we are still stuck with Mozgov! Still can't believe he is only 26, healthy and can't  get more then 10 minutes a game on a fringe playoff team.

Anyway, four teams i want management to look at carefully are the Clippers,Bucks,Pacers and Nets. All 4 of those teams have at least 5 free agents.They have winning players and will be trying to sign a star, trying to keep their own free agents or both. All four will lose a few players, good players.

If we do miss the playoffs and lose our free agents look here for salvation! 

14 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20229609/nba-free-agent-2019-2020-team-team-lists

This is a month old but i noticed people talking about the future again. Take a look people, who can be the guy if we  lose Vooch and Ross.

The first thing i noticed is Biyombo does have a player option to be a free agent this year.I Can't imagine he uses his option  but stranger things have happened. Imagine if he does and we are still stuck with Mozgov! Still can't believe he is only 26, healthy and can't  get more then 10 minutes a game on a fringe playoff team.

Anyway, four teams i want management to look at carefully are the Clippers,Bucks,Pacers and Nets. All 4 of those teams have at least 5 free agents.They have winning players and will be trying to sign a star, trying to keep their own free agents or both. All four will lose a few players, good players. 

If we do miss the playoffs and lose our free agents look here for salvation! 

I'm mad that Dinwiddie just took that extension so quickly. I'd love to overpay him

D1YefFeXgAAx0hY.jpg

Yup, the Nets have Dinwiddie,Lavert  and Russell as a guard rotation moving forward. This is the reason i  thought we had a chance with Russell in December.

Dinwiddie and Lavert were balling and he signed that great contract. In hindsight no way they would have traded him. If the Nets can't get Durant or Kawhi, i expect them to go hard at either Tobias or Middleton. 

You know what really really sucks!? 

Our March 26th game against the heat, we will be our second of a back to back, first against 76ers in Philly then on the road to Miami the next day. 

Miami will be on two full days rest and playing on the 3rd day since their prior game. 

2 minutes ago, iTs JUST zo said:

You know what really really sucks!? 

Our March 26th game against the heat, we will be in our second of a back to back, first against 76ers in Philly then on the road to Miami the next day. 

Miami will be on two full days rest and playing on the 3rd day since their prior game. 

Hopefully heading into that Miami game we can have at least a 1 game lead over them for the 8th spot. That way if we beat them we would have wrapped up the season series and the 2 game lead we would hold over them would essentially be a 3 game lead because if we end in a tie with them we would own the tiebreaker.

Look for D-Wade and the Heat to get some real home cooking with the refs in that game. If you thought the Memphis game was poorly officiated just wait until you see this game! Anyway they can get D-Wade to the Dance one least time.