The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I don't agree with this at all.  We treat DVT's in the outpatient setting nowadays.  Some pulmonary emboli also.  Unless you present with a massive clot at the very start, once treatment is started the risk of a bad outcome becomes very low.  We don't even recommend several days of bedrest anymore.

Treatment for DVT rarely is directed towards rapidly dissolving the clot (thrombolysis) because that's risky, and as I mentioned above, outcomes are usually quite good with anticoagulation.  Anticoagulation prevents the clot from breaking off and causing a more serious problem in the lungs, and allows the body to gradually dissolve the clot over time via natural mechanisms.

If the additional testing undoubtedly being done does not reveal a hypercoagulable state, as our astute Pharm D. ML6 mentioned above, after the period of anticoagulation (ballpark 6 months) he should be able to return.  Since he has no physical injury, that should make his return easier, issues will mainly be rust and conditioning.  And even while anticoagulated, he'll be able to shoot practice shots, do treadmill and bicycle, and so on.  Only contact will need to be completely avoided.

A lot of physicians here.  Web Md does wonders. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

The only team that will pay more then 12 million a year for Ross is the Magic. That's what he is worth, he is a one dimensional shooter who is better being a 6th man.

Yes he has had a great year for us, but don't get confused. Fournier gets paid more because of the year he signed and he is a player who does more, theoretically.

It's almost impossible to guess what the front office will do until they know what they have in Fultz. There are so many players available this off season, some will go at huge discount because there are so many. I expect Vucevic to get some serious offers. I expect Ross to get offers, but not for what some of you think. He will either stay to get overpaid by us or go to a contender for less.I can tell you right now, the first thing we will do 100% is either resign Vooch before free agency or tell him he is not coming back.

With Fultz making 10 million and having to decide to pick up his 12 million option, they will want some clarity with Ross and Vucevic before free agency.

I am so glad you used the word "theoretical" when talking about Fournier.   Best "theoretical" player being paid $17 million/year we have ever had.  His stats since he signed his contract have worsened with this year being the worst.  Ross, by far,  has been more instrumental in helping win games his year and keep us in the playoff hunt.  Ross will get an offer  of more than $12 million even if it is  one year only but probably it will be multi year.  Once again losing Vuc and Ross for nothing when you could have got something would be management incompetence. And making the playoffs or even getting close does not excuse incompetence. 

10 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Long term, we are better off letting vooch walk

short term, we will have another 25-30 win season next year as bamba still develops 

we need isaac gordon and ross to take the reins moving forward, and if fultz is somewhat decent, then we got something going 

In 3-5 years we could have a stronger contender if we build around big ross and fultz 

I absolutely agree with what you said.  I think we need a couple more seasons drafting relatively high because we need to add to our young core.  That way hopefully we have our young core and some extra peices to dangle in trades.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

Long term, we are better off letting vooch walk

short term, we will have another 25-30 win season next year as bamba still develops 

we need isaac gordon and ross to take the reins moving forward, and if fultz is somewhat decent, then we got something going 

In 3-5 years we could have a stronger contender if we build around big ross and fultz 

5 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I absolutely agree with what you said.  I think we need a couple more seasons drafting relatively high because we need to add to our young core.  That way hopefully we have our young core and some extra peices to dangle in trades.

Totally ridiculous.  They’re scratching and clawing to get better, slowly becoming a playoff team and you want to go backwards.  Incredible, actually.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Totally ridiculous.  They’re scratching and clawing to get better, slowly becoming a playoff team and you want to go backwards.  Incredible, actually.  

Not rediculous at all.  There is no logical explanation to keep Vooch especially anything over 2 years, especially with our roster composition.  You are simply looking for instant gratification by being an 8th seed for a couple years instead of looking at the big picture and being patient.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Not rediculous at all.  There is no logical explanation to keep Vooch especially anything over 2 years, especially with our roster composition.  You are simply looking for instant gratification by being an 8th seed for a couple years instead of looking at the big picture and being patient.

I’m not advocating for either keeping or getting rid of Vuch.  I’m advocating to keep the team moving forward, improving each year.  No more of the being terrible as the route to get really good.  We’ve seen over the past 7 years where that leads.  

Now we’re finally showing some improvement, it has been very difficult to accomplish because we’ve been really bad a long time, and you want to go backwards.  It is ridiculous.  

29 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I’m not advocating for either keeping or getting rid of Vuch.  I’m advocating to keep the team moving forward, improving each year.  No more of the being terrible as the route to get really good.  We’ve seen over the past 7 years where that leads.  

Now we’re finally showing some improvement, it has been very difficult to accomplish because we’ve been really bad a long time, and you want to go backwards.  It is ridiculous.  

Well we can't do anything about the past and just because that past was bad and poorly managed doesn't mean the future will be.  We can only look at making the best decisions for our team and roster now and moving forward.  Yeah we have made some improvement this year with outlier health to our starters in a weak eastern conference.  But the core of our team now and in the future is the core 4  (Isaac, Gordon, Bamba, and Fultz).  Vooch has shown us his best this year and we are still not good, you don't win with Vooch as your best player.  We will probably lose more games next year without Vooch but I don't think we will not be terrible (If we re-sign Ross) .  These young guys are not near their peak but will need reps and be allowed to make mistakes they can learn from.  We need to pick a direction and go with it 100% and not half-ass it, we need to be more patient.    We might have to take 1 step back next year and invest in our youth so we have the possibility for a huge ROI in the future.

• Upvote 1

And we also have to start playing to our rosters strengths (fast pace), and that can't happen with Vuch. We need to move on, a little short term pain for long term gain.