The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

True, and Winslow was considered a disappointment not too long ago

The draft is funky 

I remember when Winslows comp was James Harden. He was so different in college playing power forward for the championship at 6'5"

46 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Could not agree more with 1.  Garland would be awesome I just don't think he will fall to us.

Let's remember the lesser qualified GMs who will put too much weight at March madness results and overvalue certain players. To those thinkers, Garland will be far from there minds.

Rethinking my Brooklyn might not make the playoffs stance.

We’ve been assuming like 39 wins will get us in. If Brooklyn hangs on tonight they’ve got 35. Is it really reasonable to expect them to only go 3-11 over the final 14 games, regardless of schedule strength? Idk. 

47 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Let's remember the lesser qualified GMs who will put too much weight at March madness results and overvalue certain players. To those thinkers, Garland will be far from there minds.

Good point.  I really hope that happens

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Rethinking my Brooklyn might not make the playoffs stance.

We’ve been assuming like 39 wins will get us in. If Brooklyn hangs on tonight they’ve got 35. Is it really reasonable to expect them to only go 3-11 over the final 14 games, regardless of schedule strength? Idk. 

They'll make it. Deservedly so

5 hours ago, harley said:

Interested in everyone’s 3 step plan for offseason. What to do with Vooch/Ross, who to draft and who to sign?

mines 1. Let Vooch walk, offer Ross 12mill a year max. Should stay. 

2. Dream draft is garland. Happy with NAW. Or maybe take a swing on the French dude. 

3. Sign russel to an offset sheet make Brooklyn max him. Then maybe sign Collison  

1. I just cannot see letting Vooch and Ross walk without getting anything in return so we need to  try to resign both.  First, Ross at 12 mill is a slap in his face for what he has done this year.  I would walk if I were him and that is what we offered.  I bet Philly or Indiana will offer more. I think Ross is worth $16-$17 mill (4 year $56 mill is a good start) just because of Fournier's contract.  Vooch I would love a 1 year deal but that is probably impossible so try to get a 2 year deal (contract expires with Fournier's) but it will take $22-$25 million/year (someone will probably go 4 years) to overpay to keep him. 

2. Depends where we draft byt I still want the best player available AND they better be able to shoot.  A 2  who can shoot would be ideal but a 3 who can shoot is OK.  Intrigued by Hachimura, N. Little or C White of North Carolina. 

3,  I would love Russell but that ship has sailed.  And we have no money left since we have resigned Vooch and Ross.  Besides we havee Fultz.

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Is that a common occurrence? I mean, I remember it happening several times like with Trey Burke and Frank Kiminski. But I think most GM’s aren’t THAT reactionary. Maybe I’m giving them too much credit.

Long term, we are better off letting vooch walk

short term, we will have another 25-30 win season next year as bamba still develops 

we need isaac gordon and ross to take the reins moving forward, and if fultz is somewhat decent, then we got something going 

In 3-5 years we could have a stronger contender if we build around big ross and fultz 

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They'll make it. Deservedly so

yea..there are I team that deserve to get in but  I only see Detroit  making it of the bunch.  Now, Brooklyn is only 2 games above Miami and 2 1/2 games above us. Their schedule is brutal. Miami and Orlando can make that difference over the next 6-7 games. I do hope they make the playoff but it is not necessary sure thing. 

9 hours ago, jec said:

Is that a common occurrence? I mean, I remember it happening several times like with Trey Burke and Frank Kiminski. But I think most GM’s aren’t THAT reactionary. Maybe I’m giving them too much credit.

Not everyone is great at their job

The only team that will pay more then 12 million a year for Ross is the Magic. That's what he is worth, he is a one dimensional shooter who is better being a 6th man.

Yes he has had a great year for us, but don't get confused. Fournier gets paid more because of the year he signed and he is a player who does more, theoretically.

It's almost impossible to guess what the front office will do until they know what they have in Fultz. There are so many players available this off season, some will go at huge discount because there are so many. I expect Vucevic to get some serious offers. I expect Ross to get offers, but not for what some of you think. He will either stay to get overpaid by us or go to a contender for less.I can tell you right now, the first thing we will do 100% is either resign Vooch before free agency or tell him he is not coming back.

With Fultz making 10 million and having to decide to pick up his 12 million option, they will want some clarity with Ross and Vucevic before free agency.

14 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Nevertheless it is a very worrisome health  issue and is always a BIG DEAL. I Honestly rather have an ACL, Rotator cuff tear or other season ending injuries than suffering from this. 

I don't agree with this at all.  We treat DVT's in the outpatient setting nowadays.  Some pulmonary emboli also.  Unless you present with a massive clot at the very start, once treatment is started the risk of a bad outcome becomes very low.  We don't even recommend several days of bedrest anymore.

14 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

The DVT is not only career ending but live threatening. Reason why he will be placed on anticoagulation. IF the clot doesn't dissolve then he will need extension on the anticoagulation treatment. We are not only talking about his basketball career here. We are talking about his life. No reason to risk it. 

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If they dissolve it and it never reoccurs it's going to have no impact on his career. 

Treatment for DVT rarely is directed towards rapidly dissolving the clot (thrombolysis) because that's risky, and as I mentioned above, outcomes are usually quite good with anticoagulation.  Anticoagulation prevents the clot from breaking off and causing a more serious problem in the lungs, and allows the body to gradually dissolve the clot over time via natural mechanisms.

If the additional testing undoubtedly being done does not reveal a hypercoagulable state, as our astute Pharm D. ML6 mentioned above, after the period of anticoagulation (ballpark 6 months) he should be able to return.  Since he has no physical injury, that should make his return easier, issues will mainly be rust and conditioning.  And even while anticoagulated, he'll be able to shoot practice shots, do treadmill and bicycle, and so on.  Only contact will need to be completely avoided.