The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Mario should have been better than he's been. You still see flashes but they never materialize into anything substantial

True, and Winslow was considered a disappointment not too long ago

The draft is funky 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think a DVT is career impacting. 

You are correct, the DVT itself shouldn't be career threatening.

What's more of a problem is the anticoagulation.  It's very unusual for a healthy active person to develop a DVT.  Because that's what seemed to have happened in this case, they may want to prolong his anticoagulation.  I can't see how anyone can play professional basketball while anticoagulated.

Interested in everyone’s 3 step plan for offseason. What to do with Vooch/Ross, who to draft and who to sign?

mines 1. Let Vooch walk, offer Ross 12mill a year max. Should stay. 

2. Dream draft is garland. Happy with NAW. Or maybe take a swing on the French dude. 

3. Sign russel to an offset sheet make Brooklyn max him. Then maybe sign Collison  

49 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

What's more of a problem is the anticoagulation.  It's very unusual for a healthy active person to develop a DVT.  Because that's what seemed to have happened in this case, they may want to prolong his anticoagulation.  I can't see how anyone can play professional basketball while anticoagulated.

Yeah, no team is going to play someone while they’re on an anticoagulant.  There’s no positive outcome to that. 

The career threatening part would come if this DVT is determined to be unprovoked, and then he has a 2nd unprovoked DVT at some point in the future — that’s grounds for indefinite anticoagulation.  

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think a DVT is career impacting. 

A 2nd DVT would end it. 

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah, no team is going to play someone while they’re on an anticoagulant.  There’s no positive outcome to that. 

The career threatening part would come if this DVT is determined to be unprovoked, and then he has a 2nd unprovoked DVT at some point in the future — that’s grounds for indefinite anticoagulation.  

Yeah. That's what I'm getting at. It in itself isn't a big deal. If it's chronic it's a big deal. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. That's what I'm getting at. It in itself isn't a big deal. If it's chronic it's a big deal. 

Yeah, given his age and profession he’s got a hypercoaguability workup on the docket. As our MD JJZFL mentioned, Ingram’s just not in the demographic of people generally at risks for clots.  If they find he has a clotting disorder (Factor V Leiden, protein C/S deficiency, antiphospholipid syndrome), then it becomes chronic automatically and he’s finished. 

1 hour ago, harley said:

Interested in everyone’s 3 step plan for offseason. What to do with Vooch/Ross, who to draft and who to sign?

2. Dream draft is garland. Happy with NAW. Or maybe take a swing on the French dude. 

3. Sign russel to an offset sheet make Brooklyn max him. Then maybe sign 

Dont worry suns will offer a max to Russel just wait and see

52 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

IT is a big deal. Especially when it is in the Upper Extremity.

37 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah, given his age and profession he’s got a hypercoaguability workup on the docket. As our MD JJZFL mentioned, Ingram’s just not in the demographic of people generally at risks for clots.  If they find he has a clotting disorder (Factor V Leiden, protein C/S deficiency, antiphospholipid syndrome), then it becomes chronic automatically and he’s finished. 

CORRECT!!. That is the issue. It is not normal for somenone his age and level of physical status to develop this issue. Now, People who play sports that overuse the upper extremity is likely to develop this but THERE has to be a reason.  Of course, best case scenario is that it is just an isolated event and all he needs is just ongoing monitoring after the blood clot is dissolved. Perhaps, this is all there is But there are other more worrisome possibilities. One could be TOS (vascular)due to a extra rib that rubs on the blood vessels or Scalene muscle pathology that can affect the blood supply in a way. Now, This can be repair surgically if needed and likely will be able to return to sports but likely not at the same level.  A second and most worrisome is what ML6 described above; a clotting disorder that will require chronic care and will certainly end his career. 

Nevertheless it is a very worrisome health  issue and is always a BIG DEAL. I Honestly rather have an ACL, Rotator cuff tear or other season ending injuries than suffering from this. 

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

The DVT is not only career ending but live threatening. Reason why he will be placed on anticoagulation. IF the clot doesn't dissolve then he will need extension on the anticoagulation treatment. We are not only talking about his basketball career here. We are talking about his life. No reason to risk it. 

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

The DVT is not only career ending but live threatening. Reason why he will be placed on anticoagulation. IF the clot doesn't dissolve then he will need extension on the anticoagulation treatment. We are not only talking about his basketball career here. We are talking about his life. No reason to risk it. 

If they dissolve it and it never reoccurs it's going to have no impact on his career. 

1 hour ago, harley said:

3. Sign russel to an offset sheet make Brooklyn max him. Then maybe sign Collison  

Could not agree more with 1.  Garland would be awesome I just don't think he will fall to us.