The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Yes lol coach Clifford when asked if hes worried about playing Grant more "look were always worried about everything "

Really want Caupain to get some burn. I think he will surprise people on both ends of the floor. He was a good player at UC. 

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Really want Caupain to get some burn. I think he will surprise people on both ends of the floor. He was a good player at UC. 

What was he good at in college?

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What was he good at in college?

It’s weird because he actually got better across the board once he left college. Cronin never seems to have anyone flourish on offense in his system. It’s all defense and eating the shot clock. 

Caupain is physical though and can score pretty consistently now with solid shooting numbers. Good defender too. I just think he’s easily better than grant but we’ll see.  

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s weird because he actually got better across the board once he left college. Cronin never seems to have anyone flourish on offense in his system. It’s all defense and eating the shot clock. 

Caupain is physical though and can score pretty consistently now with solid shooting numbers. Good defender too. I just think he’s easily better than grant but we’ll see.  

Yeah that's why I never really had high hopes for him. Didn't think he was good in college at all. Might have been more hidden by a few good college players.

37 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Random comment: I love how Miami has moved Winslow into the pg role. Still cannot believe we drafted Mario over him.

We also drafted mario over booker...porzingis was the target always and we was 1 pick away.

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We also drafted mario over booker...porzingis was the target always and we was 1 pick away.

Mario should have been better than he's been. You still see flashes but they never materialize into anything substantial

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Mario should have been better than he's been. You still see flashes but they never materialize into anything substantial

Nah i never saw the Mario thing.Hated the pick then and still do. Anyways i'm no savant. The whole rebuild i predicted two players we actually picked, that i also wanted.

Keep in mind this does not count players picked before our pick once our placement was set. (IE, Porzingus,Embiid, etc).

I was dead set on getting Gordon and was pretty happy when we got him. I also predicted Sabonis and literally shouted when i saw the news feed.

Cursed up a storm once i saw the trade with Oladipo. Keep in mind i did not predict the Dipo pick and wasn't sure i liked it at the time. Anyhow like others have said we identified talent pretty well and i get the Mario pick. I just chalk that up to the fact that more then half of lottery picks suck. It's the trades, including and most importantly letting Philly screw us on the Elfrid trade. I think that directly led to Henny trying to push Elfrid way longer then he should have.If only we had a veteran PG back then.

Thinking about where we might pick i think it will be hard for the Magic to pass up either of the Gonzaga forwards. I just looked at the free agent list i forgot how many PG are available. We are getting someone from that list. It all depends on who we lose in free agency. I still expect a PG in free agency and a possible trade for a center if we lose Vucevic. Quite a few small forwards available, doubt we get one.

5 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Brandom Ingram out with blood clot. On blood thinner. Fell bad for the guy. 

Career in jeopardy.

I don't think a DVT is career impacting. 

37 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think a DVT is career impacting. 

I think you dont really understand the seriousness of a thrombosis and his medical implication