The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's a bad idea at that number

But resigning vucevic really depends on what he does in the playoffs. 

What I think is going to happen is he'll get put into pick and rolls constantly and teams might go small to play him off the court. 

But if that doesn't happen it changes things. 

This presumes that we make the playoffs 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Keeping vucevic presumes we make the playoffs

That’s my dilemma right now. I feel like making the playoffs and having a good series would ensure Vucevic gets re-signed. I don’t know if we want that, especially if that also means he gets a bloated contract to keep him from signing elsewhere. Depends on what he gets, I guess. A declining deal at a minor discount would be fine. Bamba is going to take some time to develop.

I still don’t understand how Grant is in the NBA. He can barely bring the ball up the court, the ball sticks in his hands, and he often allows the opposing pg to blow by him on defense because of bad positioning. 

If Briscoe is out for the season, I’d hope Clifford allows Gordon and Iwundu to bring the ball up the court for the second unit and implements a high movement offense.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I still don’t understand how Grant is in the NBA. He can barely bring the ball up the court, the ball sticks in his hands, and he often allows the opposing pg to blow by him on defense because of bad positioning. 

If Briscoe is out for the season, I’d hope Clifford allows Gordon and Iwundu to bring the ball up the court for the second unit and implements a high movement offense.

I still think Iwundu could be such a gem. He can be a 2nd or 3rd ball handler and 3 and D guy. That's really freakin valuable in todays NBA

12 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

That’s my dilemma right now. I feel like making the playoffs and having a good series would ensure Vucevic gets re-signed. I don’t know if we want that, especially if that also means he gets a bloated contract to keep him from signing elsewhere. Depends on what he gets, I guess. A declining deal at a minor discount would be fine. Bamba is going to take some time to develop.

Maybe that's why they stop playing Isaac in the 4th.  They want to find a reason to make us look like we are not so good so we have a reason to let go of Vucevic?  On the other hand, what if Cliff is seeing how we do without our "secret weapon" if only to suggest teams won't know what hit them when we are in the playoffs.  Those who watch regularly understand that Isaac makes our defense so much better.  We should have Vuc/Gordon/Isaac/Ross/DJ close out our games.  Fournier tries to lose things for us on many games.  He's not the closer he used to be a year ago.

4 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Maybe that's why they stop playing Isaac in the 4th.  They want to find a reason to make us look like we are not so good so we have a reason to let go of Vucevic?  On the other hand, what if Cliff is seeing how we do without our "secret weapon" if only to suggest teams won't know what hit them when we are in the playoffs.  Those who watch regularly understand that Isaac makes our defense so much better.  We should have Vuc/Gordon/Isaac/Ross/DJ close out our games.  Fournier tries to lose things for us on many games.  He's not the closer he used to be a year ago.

I think it's more that Fournier is good in the last 2 minutes and Ross can create his own shot and Gordon is typically defending the other team's best perimeter player and Isaac has only been reliable as an offensive player for the last 15 games or so and the reason players like Clifford is because he has really well defined roles and rotations that aren't easily changed.