The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

The NBA stats play type categories are back. 

DJ is in the 98.5 percentile in spot up shooting

Gordon is in the 97th percentile in defending isolations

I hope we make the playoffs just to highlight how good AG and JI are on defense

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Does that include the pick and roll/screen stats? I quickly looked and couldn't find them. If you could point me in the right direction I don't mind doing the work.

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Does that include the pick and roll/screen stats? I quickly looked and couldn't find them. If you could point me in the right direction I don't mind doing the work.

Weird. It's available on mobile but not desktop. 

https://on.nba.com/2zYvzF6

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

For Gordon, that is a total of like 45 possessions, which seems like a pretty small sample size. (The defensive numbers seem off though. No one, according to the NBA has defended more than 175 iso possessions. Yet 10 players have more than 200 offensive iso possessions, with Harden having over 1000 already.)

Ross is in the 92nd percentile of pick and roll ball handlers, while seeing 3.3 per game. He is also in the 88th percentile for spot up shooting.

Scary one: Vuch is in the 44th percentile for post up players, while posting up over 5 times a game.

In fact, none of our players should post up as they are all terrible at it. Vuch's 44th percentile is actually the highest. Gordon: 32nd. Bamba: 14th. Isaac: 5th. Thankfully neither Isaac nor Bamba do it frequently at all. Gordon on the other hand has about 140 post ups on the year.

Interesting super small sample size items: Vuch and Isaac are both in the 97th percentile for iso scoring. (neither has more than 30 possessions.)

12 minutes ago, Odin said:

For Gordon, that is a total of like 45 possessions, which seems like a pretty small sample size. (The defensive numbers seem off though. No one, according to the NBA has defended more than 175 iso possessions. Yet 10 players have more than 200 offensive iso possessions, with Harden having over 1000 already.)

Ross is in the 92nd percentile of pick and roll ball handlers, while seeing 3.3 per game. He is also in the 88th percentile for spot up shooting.

Scary one: Vuch is in the 44th percentile for post up players, while posting up over 5 times a game.

In fact, none of our players should post up as they are all terrible at it. Vuch's 44th percentile is actually the highest. Gordon: 32nd. Bamba: 14th. Isaac: 5th. Thankfully neither Isaac nor Bamba do it frequently at all. Gordon on the other hand has about 140 post ups on the year.

Interesting super small sample size items: Vuch and Isaac are both in the 97th percentile for iso scoring. (neither has more than 30 possessions.)

45 isn't really a small sample considering the median number of isolation possessions for teams is only 490. 

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Question for all.  Is signing Vooch to a 4yr $90 million deal this offseason a good idea?

Signing Vuch for $1 is not a good idea. Let's move on for the sake of modern basketball!

13 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Question for all.  Is signing Vooch to a 4yr $90 million deal this offseason a good idea?

It's a bad idea at that number

But resigning vucevic really depends on what he does in the playoffs. 

What I think is going to happen is he'll get put into pick and rolls constantly and teams might go small to play him off the court. 

But if that doesn't happen it changes things. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's a bad idea at that number

But resigning vucevic really depends on what he does in the playoffs. 

What I think is going to happen is he'll get put into pick and rolls constantly and teams might go small to play him off the court. 

But if that doesn't happen it changes things. 

All good points.  I am not a big fan of signing him period, but if you do and believe as I that Bamba is the future starter,  nothing over 2 years would make sense to me.