The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Yeah but come on our all-star is Vooch.  If it was Gordon I would feel totally different.  This team needs a serious shake up anyway, like it or not we are still and should be in rebuild mode.  So you are saying if we miss the playoffs by 1 game it is an automatic failure?

Yes. When you get beat by a Cleveland, NY, and other lottery teams with the playoffs on the line and you don’t make it by one game, it shows we have a serious problem. Had other teams not rested their stars against us, we could be out of the playoff picture completely right now. 

I don’t think we’re EVER going to luck into a spot like this again. The stars aligned for us this year. 

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yes. When you get beat by a Cleveland, NY, and other lottery teams with the playoffs on the line and you don’t make it by one game, it shows we have a serious problem.

I don’t think we’re EVER going to luck into a spot like this again. The stars aligned for us this year. 

Yes I agree those are bad losses to Cle, NY,  etc.  but that is who we are right now.  A below .500 team that is inconsistant and not leaps and bounds better then those teams.  And yes we do have serious problems if we eventually want to be eastern conference contenders.  

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Yes I agree those are bad losses to Cle, NY,  etc.  but that is who we are right now.  A below .500 team that is inconsistant and not leaps and bounds better then those teams.  And yes we do have serious problems if we eventually want to be eastern conference contenders.  

Exactly. 

33 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Not a subscriber. Can you paraphrase the Fultz part for us?

He’s doing very well out in LA and is in a good place.

One of the team’s performance staff is out there with him. 

When the timetable dictates, he’ll return to Orlando to join the team and continue rehab. 

He’s excited about the team and very keen to join them but won’t rush things. 

Weltman doesn’t see any value in him participating in Summer League at this stage. 

5 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yes. When you get beat by a Cleveland, NY, and other lottery teams with the playoffs on the line and you don’t make it by one game, it shows we have a serious problem. Had other teams not rested their stars against us, we could be out of the playoff picture completely right now. 

I don't feel so bad about getting beat by the Knicks. They got a bunch of good players in the KP trade including DSJ whom many of us felt could turn OUR team around. Yes we should have won the game, but they are not the same team that earned all those losses in the beginning of the season.

29 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't feel so bad about getting beat by the Knicks. They got a bunch of good players in the KP trade including DSJ whom many of us felt could turn OUR team around. Yes we should have won the game, but they are not the same team that earned all those losses in the beginning of the season.

Yeah him and Robinson the young center look to have bright future as well as the undrafted guard they got from Arizona. They're at least watchable now 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So you don't feel bad about our bench scoring, what,  8 points the entire game.  That was a dismal loss and I think ?4TheWin's description of inadequate is perfect.  We are just not there yet, we are still learning, still growing our roster.  Lots of great things in the future for us  but we still need a  better starting 1 and 2.  Hopefully Fultz will get healthy and become the 1 (and I think he will be if healthy) just not sure where we will get the 2.  

• Upvote 1

There’s no way to sugarcoat any of the Bulls/Cavs/Knicks losses as excusable. We took a team lightly and underperformed in all 3. I’m not ignorant enough to have expected an 11 game winning streak, but there’s no excuse for not winning at least 2 of those games. We HAVE to beat Dallas tomorrow 

The NBA stats play type categories are back. 

DJ is in the 98.5 percentile in spot up shooting

Gordon is in the 97th percentile in defending isolations