The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

At the same time Isaac's 3 point shooting % is increasing (over 30% now).  So does anyone think Clifford can design plays to accentuate the strengths of our players.  Does Clifford see the same stats as "The Neighborhood Bully"?  It appears not.  

Yeah. Gordon is shooting 41% on corner threes but he's taking fewer lately. 

Isaac is shooting more corner threes and hitting 45% of them. 

So Clifford could give Gordon more corner threes but in reality it'd just make more sense for Gordon to work on his balance more and make more threes

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. Gordon is shooting 41% on corner threes but he's taking fewer lately. 

Isaac is shooting more corner threes and hitting 45% of them. 

So Clifford could give Gordon more corner threes but in reality it'd just make more sense for Gordon to work on his balance more and make more threes

Do you mean balance as in ability to hit threes from every area or body balance? I did notice last night Gordon tends to jump/lean forward instead of straight up when shooting the three ball. Not sure if he does it on jumpers inside the arc. I didn't think anything of it until your post. 

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Do you mean balance as in ability to hit threes from every area or body balance? I did notice last night Gordon tends to jump/lean forward instead of straight up when shooting the three ball. Not sure if he does it on jumpers inside the arc. I didn't think anything of it until your post. 

Yeah. I'm no shooting coach but it seems like the majority of his issues come down to balance

As I mentioned in the game thread last night, Isaac is almost always wide open in the corners. If we could get Fournier, AG, or Vuch to swing the ball his way a little more often it would likely be to our benefit.

5 minutes ago, magicblue said:

As I mentioned in the game thread last night, Isaac is almost always wide open in the corners. If we could get Fournier, AG, or Vuch to swing the ball his way a little more often it would likely be to our benefit.

Only the right corner though. He's garbage from the left corner (so is Gordon). 

Which seems weird because in my experience the left corner should be easier to shoot from for right handed players based on body angles and the backboard

57 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Which seems weird because in my experience the left corner should be easier to shoot from for right handed players based on body angles and the backboard

I’d argue the opposite. My main skill in high school was spot up shooting and I always preferred the right corner.  Reason being that the edge of the backboard can be used as a parallel line to match up your shooting elbow/forearm with (assuming you’re right handed of course). Easy to have both in peripheral vision at once since they’re both on one side. Becomes trickier when you’ve got the backboard on your left and shooting arm on your right from the left corner. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

This, in essence, for isaac is his rookie year and left side 3 pointer should be easily fixed with another off season of practice.  He should get even better from both sides. He looked good hitting a 3 pointer from the top of the key last night.  The key is Isaac can shoot a high % already versus Gordon (in his 4th year already) who is still having issues.  Gordon was not a shooter coming out of college so he is naturally taking more time and may have an upper ceiling.  He does bring defense and athleticism and has a pretty good pull up and fadeaway 2 point shot.  Maybe his focus should be there.

Man there are so many people (I assume 76ers fans) claiming Fultz's injury is all made up and it is only him and his agent waiting for a payday. Since he is not playing this season will we expect him season opener next year?

9 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Man there are so many people (I assume 76ers fans) claiming Fultz's injury is all made up and it is only him and his agent waiting for a payday. Since he is not playing this season will we expect him season opener next year?

That doesn't make any sense

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

That doesn't make any sense

Ohhh yeah I agree just a few other forums I am in are in the same boat and I am baffled. I would have liked to have seen him this yeah though. 

18 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

I think if the season were 6 weeks longer he'd come back this year