The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

With today’s litigious society I thought I’d cover my basis. Frankly I could care less of other’s critiques; it’s what I believe to be true and my humble opinion. We could use more humble people.

10 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

His intention was likely not to hit anyone nor break anything.. He was trying to throw the ball back into the rack.  But you can tell he doesnt care anymore. Hopefully, he apologized after they were out of the air.  

I'm not even referencing him hitting the lighting equipment it's more of a general analysis of his behavior after All-Star Break. The eye rolls, the lack of effort on defense are all terrible examples to his young team mates and his character. However, I am enjoying the Lakers lose and fall out of playoff contention.

12 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

With today’s litigious society I thought I’d cover my basis. Frankly I could care less of other’s critiques; it’s what I believe to be true and my humble opinion. We could use more humble people.

That's a productive way of thinking. 

?4thewin, I have noticed that you always are the first to critique my post and I’m sure that’s in part because I challenge you from time to time. A non biased person may read my post on Fultz and say; yes the injury is more extensive then previously  reported in the media and perhaps the young man is a good person by acknowledging shortcoming as that’s how we grow as people and finally our organization has been labeled as not being a good developmental place, but perhaps with the new office this will change and create a new positive identity where players and agents want to endorse and lastly I feel we have to temper our expectations. It’s all One’s interpretation, but that person has to come from a neutral place. We have exhausted this point.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

?4thewin, I have noticed that you always are the first to critique my post and I’m sure that’s in part because I challenge you from time to time. A non biased person may read my post on Fultz and say; yes the injury is more extensive then previously  reported in the media and perhaps the young man is a good person by acknowledging shortcoming as that’s how we grow as people and finally our organization has been labeled as not being a good developmental place, but perhaps with the new office this will change and create a new positive identity where players and agents want to endorse and lastly I feel we have to temper our expectations. It’s all One’s interpretation, but that person has to come from a neutral place. We have exhausted this point.

You're using a statement that every 19 year old has used in recruiting event and attaching more meaning than is necessary. 

You're projecting that the injury is more extensive than we thought despite not knowing what Weltman thinks and you have no information of his projection going forward or his projection a month from now. 

That's illogical. I don't have anything against you. I have issues when people try to make illogical points. 

Philly reported that he was progressing months ago and were optimistic of a return this season. Clifford says he can barely lift his arm and is not even ready for on court action; quite a discrepancy, I personally think our front office is doing the right thing by taking it slow and steady by leaving him out this year. Nobody truly knows when you’re dealing with nerve endings what will happen as it’s a bit of an enigma. Fultz is at the right place and has the right mindset; it’s all positive from that perspective. I’m sorry, but I’m pretty certain that I’m quite a bit older then you at 56yo and the problem I see in society today is some people don’t want to own anything, just place blame and critique. It’s good and healthy and will make those who embrace this practice better people. When Fultz stated that he wanted to be a better man, that was positive; he’s only 19 and expected to have slips as a #1 pick with all the pressure attached to that. This tells me that mentally he’s coming from a good place. We are all behind him and I’m glad he is coming from a place of truth and accountability; that is a great start.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Philly reported that he was progressing months ago and were optimistic of a return this season. Clifford says he can barely lift his arm and is not even ready for on court action; quite a discrepancy, I personally think our front office is doing the right thing by taking it slow and steady by leaving him out this year. Nobody truly knows when you’re dealing with nerve endings what will happen as it’s a bit of an enigma. Fultz is at the right place and has the right mindset; it’s all positive from that perspective. I’m sorry, but I’m pretty certain that I’m quite a bit older then you at 56yo and the problem I see in society today is some people don’t want to own anything, just place blame and critique. It’s good and healthy and will make those who embrace this practice better people. When Fultz stated that he wanted to be a better man, that was positive; he’s only 19 and expected to have slips as a #1 pick with all the pressure attached to that. This tells me that mentally he’s coming from a good place. We are all behind him and I’m glad he is coming from a place of truth and accountability; that is a great start.

Yeah, but you still can't form conclusions based on any of that because nothing you said suggests and knowledge of 1. What the expectation was for Fultz after the trade or 2. Fultz's ownership of any situation. You're still using innocuous comments and making tenuous assertions based on them. 

And since you're 56 I'm sure you'll appreciate that criticism as it's good and healthy. 

Then you blow all opportunities of speculative thinking. I certainly don’t acertain my statements to be fact only opinion and if that’s your mindset then we may as well shut down this board because much of it is opinions including your own. Yes, I do appreciate constructive criticism when coming from a humble and balanced place. 

3 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Then you blow all opportunities of speculative thinking. I certainly don’t acertain my statements to be fact only opinion and if that’s your mindset then we may as well shut down this board because much of it is opinions including your own. Yes, I do appreciate constructive criticism when coming from a humble and balanced place. 

You're arguing it limits discussion for me to say you shouldn't make irresponsible conclusions with zero evidence

Ok...

41 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You kind of seem like the sensitive one

Our secular "sensitive society" would never survive this site.  This site is not for the faint of heart but is for diehard Magic fans who hold strong opinions on either side of a basketball issue.   At the same time while sensitivity is not a strong suit, deep respect for the the guys AND gals who support the Magic is very evident.