The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

I never thought we’d see Fultz this year but there’s so much inconsistencies with this injury. It’s a little concerning.

That’s why we got the #1 pick from 2 years ago for a late first and a second. If he wasn’t concerning he wouldn’t have been attainable for so little. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Hopefully we capitalize on this!!! I'm not sure why Vuch didn't get more touches in the game last night.  At least let him draw a DT and ki k it out to an open shooter.  Instead we saw Gordon dribbling, dribbling, dribbling, and throwing up a contested jumper.  It was maddening to watch.

If we go 9-8 from this point on, we are making the playoff. 70%. 

Miami likely will win 6-8 while I have charlotte winning 6-7. Miami and Charlotte face each other twice. 

15 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Given the mental state of this basketball team yes that is indeed my overall conclusion. There is no way that you can possibly lose to the Bulls, Knicks, and Cavs and seriously be considered a playoff contender. This team just doesn't have it from the neck up unfortunately at this current time. And the last 8 games are my deciding factor here. 6 out of the 8 are on the road against quality teams. Their only real hope is to clean up on that 5 game homestand coming up here shortly. 4 out of those 5 games are against teams they SHOULD beat.

Bucks lost to the Suns last night.

10 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Brooklyn beat Dallas tonight by 39 points. 127-88. Now that is how you take care of business against a bad team.

Meanwhile Bucks lose to the Suns. Oh how better a team Brooklyn is then Milwaukee. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Phoenix beat Milwaukee?

but.. but.. how?? Bucks are the number one team in the east! The Bucks must be as horrible as the Suns.. Only the Bucks would lose to the worst team in the league... No way these dudes can win the 'ship!... (all sarcasm, just teasing some of our bipolar fans on here lol)

Clifford is a capable coach, in his first season with Orlando. But the roster looks less like a plan and more like a series of one-off moves. Vucevic is an excellent, traditional center, but his presence has kept Gordon, along with young bigs Mo Bamba and Jonathan Isaac, from getting significant time developing as the kind of stretch 5s most teams around the league deploy.

Gordon is picked to run the offense, and does so effectively — his assist percentage of 16.4 is a career high — but that is in part because Orlando lacks a true starting point guard. Markelle Fultz may be the answer long-term, but whether the embattled former Philadelphia 76ers guard even plays this season remains a mystery.

Gordon’s next step, per Clifford, needs to be the role of go-to scorer down the stretch of games, which Gordon agrees with. Will it happen?

“Well, we’ll see,” Clifford said. “I mean, that’s what it’s all about. We’ll see.”

But he needs help getting to those late-game situations with a chance to win it. Still, as Gordon eases into superstardom in the relative obscurity of Orlando’s slow rise in the East, he often uses visualization to help motivate himself, closing his eyes and picturing what a championship for the only franchise he’s ever known would look like.

He said it gets hard to see it sometimes, pointing out that “a lot of things have to go right” even as he said he was sure it will.

“Of course,” Gordon said, pulling on his pants gingerly, navigating his sore back.

Toppling the Warriors last week showed Gordon just may be right. Losing to the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers on Sunday night, though, showed how far the Magic have to go.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/sports/aaron-gordon-orlando-magic.html