The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

If I had to bet, I’d wager Brooklyn misses the playoffs given their remaining schedule. Would be nice to get another spot opened up just in case. 

19 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

So, say we beat Charlotte April 10th and we tie in record, and in games vs each other. What happens then? Also, we’re off for 3-days, while they’re on the 2nd night of a back-back. Could be a very important game. 

Listen guys, it’s cool when you do this against us but you should probably play him against Detroit. Plz

On 3/2/2019 at 12:08 PM, magicblue said:

So true. I saw a stat in some YouTube video about Markelle that was talking about his impact on the defensive end in the limited games he’s played. You’d probably be better equipped at pulling those type of stats but his defensive impact was significant. If worst case he’s a bigger more athletic Briscoe then we will be in really good shape moving forward. If he’s 80-85% of his former self he’s probably a multiple all-star. At 90% or better he could be an all-nba 1st or 2nd team guy. It’s crazy to think how good we could potentially be with close to ceiling level outcomes from Isaac, AG, Fultz, and Bamba. Like we honestly could be serious contenders in like 2-3 years. Add a guy like Garland or Porter Jr in this draft and we are set for the next 5-7 years 

Since the All Star break, some are beginning to argue we already are serious contenders.

11 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Since the All Star break, some are beginning to argue we already are serious contenders.

Let’s make the playoffs before we get too far ahead of ourselves 

23 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Let’s make the playoffs before we get too far ahead of ourselves 

Agreed. While we could make a little noise I don't believe we'll pass round 1, but that doesn't really matter at this point. What's important is the experience of just playing in a playoff series. That's something that our young or even older players have never done. From a growth standpoint it's huge for our club.