The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, MagicRocks said:

Magic could have used Young, he scored 47 points so far, damn Hawks for stealing Young away from Magic! 

Nah, he's been really fun the past month but our general team success has been built around elite level defense. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

4th overtime. Lord

After triple overtime I end up feeling bad for the players and just wish the game would end for their sake. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

After triple overtime I end up feeling bad for the players and just wish the game would end for their sake. 

Yeah, there was some horrible basketball in this 4th quarter. Markkanen looked half-dead

8 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Since January, Orlando Magic is #2 in defense and #18 in offense.  We are also #8 best team overall.  That's crazy!

That's progress.  Usually we say "since January we've watched our team jump 6 spots in the lottery. 11 to 5 like clockwork

54 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

That's progress.  Usually we say "since January we've watched our team jump 6 spots in the lottery. 11 to 5 like clockwork

Yep.

We were the best team in the league in net rating for February. 

On the starters podcast yesterday it was funny because they were doing the whole "let's talk about the magic because we'll probably never talk about them again this year hahaha" stuff and then one of their guys brought up that stat and they were like "wait... What? In the league?"

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, he's been really fun the past month but our general team success has been built around elite level defense. 

I'm happy the Magic seemingly have turned a corner this season.I'm not going to just forget the fact that we missed out on a few game changing players in this draft.

Also our best player in theory plays the same position as our most recent draft pick. Honestly in a super small sample size, this is looking like one of the best drafts this decade.

I hope Bamba comes from behind and shows he was one of the best picks. Bamba is not Jokic, just like the other elite centers nowadays he is going to need a good playmaker beside him  to unlock his potential.

14 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I'm happy the Magic seemingly have turned a corner this season.I'm not going to just forget the fact that we missed out on a few game changing players in this draft.

Also our best player in theory plays the same position as our most recent draft pick. Honestly in a super small sample size, this is looking like one of the best drafts this decade.

I hope Bamba comes from behind and shows he was one of the best picks. Bamba is not Jokic, just like the other elite centers nowadays he is going to need a good playmaker beside him  to unlock his potential.

The theory of Bamba is he'll be able to be an outlier level rim protector that can also play on the perimeter. 

If he's not that and Fultz doesn't get better I'm more wondering if we'd regret not getting SGA or Bridges who are both philosophical fits that fill big holes.