The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

So looking at the schedule now we've kind of burnt through our leeway that the 8-2 stretch gave us. 

We need to probably go 8-0 vs Cleveland, Memphis, Atlanta, new Orleans, and the Knicks

Then we need to go 3-4 against Indiana, Dallas, Washington, Miami, Detroit, Charlotte. 

That lets us go 0-5 against Golden State, Philly, Toronto, Boston. 

So any slips by the team against the terrible teams need to be in conjunction with a make up game against a better team. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

BJ Johnson

Yeah, I kind of wonder with our shooting woes why someone like this guy hasn't had a shot, instead of an Amile Jefferson. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So looking at the schedule now we've kind of burnt through our leeway that the 8-2 stretch gave us. 

We need to probably go 8-0 vs Cleveland, Memphis, Atlanta, new Orleans, and the Knicks

Then we need to go 3-4 against Indiana, Dallas, Washington, Miami, Detroit, Charlotte. 

That lets us go 0-5 against Golden State, Philly, Toronto, Boston. 

So any slips by the team against the terrible teams need to be in conjunction with a make up game against a better team. 

Great synopsis and it shows the mountain we have to climb.  Little room for error, if any.  I have hope but not confidence.  

I can understand the disappointment based on the results of last nights game but keeping in mind the vast improvement made in the new coach and staffs first year with basically the same team as last year there is light at the end of the tunnel!! Acquiring depth - be it with Fultz and/or replacement players WILL happen - and the continued improvement of the Orlando Magic  WILL bring the desired results!! Hang in there - don’t allow the results of individual games to skew improvements being made!!

25 minutes ago, Notguilty said:

I can understand the disappointment based on the results of last nights game but keeping in mind the vast improvement made in the new coach and staffs first year with basically the same team as last year there is light at the end of the tunnel!! Acquiring depth - be it with Fultz and/or replacement players WILL happen - and the continued improvement of the Orlando Magic  WILL bring the desired results!! Hang in there - don’t allow the results of individual games to skew improvements being made!!

It's not so much that we lost to the Knicks. It's that we lost to The Knicks right after losing to Chicago. We kind of needed that loss for later as there's a stretch after the next two games where we play bad teams in 8 of 9 games and it's more excusable to lose one game you shouldn't in the middle of a 3-4 game winning streak instead of right after your previous crappy loss. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not so much that we lost to the Knicks. It's that we lost to The Knicks right after losing to Chicago. We kind of needed that loss for later as there's a stretch after the next two games where we play bad teams in 8 of 9 games and it's more excusable to lose one game you shouldn't in the middle of a 3-4 game winning streak instead of right after your previous crappy loss. 

I fully concur, but the sheer amount of doom and gloom amongst our fan base is, IMHO, totally unwarranted! Yes it hurt to lose to an inferior team, especially after a mini win streak, but we are far from a finished product!!

What I would like to know is why is Markelle not with the team. I get that he is rehabbing but it’s not a 24/7 rehabilitation. Shouldn’t he be also focused on how we play and getting to know his own teammates and what their strengths and weaknesses are?

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

What I would like to know is why is Markelle not with the team. I get that he is rehabbing but it’s not a 24/7 rehabilitation. Shouldn’t he be also focused on how we play and getting to know his own teammates and what their strengths and weaknesses are?

No. This is pretty normal.