The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

37 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

For the most part, I think we are making the same points, just expressed differently. However, regarding "giving up on Bomba, I should have quoted the poster who asked "what we could get  back in a package for Bomba and a few others" during the trade deadline discussions. There have been plenty of these comments, which I find disturbing based upon our history of trading young talent, to a fault . 

Fair enough.  

54 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I need Magic basketball back in my life...but also nacho fries, Truck Norris and “is this anything?”. 

It is always something...but is it anything ?

Heat lost. Nets losing in the 4th!

I believe well finish as the 6th seed and get a taste of our first round magic the second to last game of the season against Boston. We beat Boston in 6 and Kyrie is outta there.

36 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I believe well finish as the 6th seed and get a taste of our first round magic the second to last game of the season against Boston. We beat Boston in 6 and Kyrie is outta there.

Looked like Celtics players were arguing with each other after Kyrie missed that wild shot attempt to end the game. Horford was wide open for a game winning triple. Distraction and dysfunction in Boston.

I've been bored and playing around with stats. 

The interesting thing about our play lately is we're not forcing opponents into bad shots. We're just eliminating easy shots. We're near the top of the league in Opponent points off turnovers, fast break points, second chance points, points in the paint, and free throw rate. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Looked like Celtics players were arguing with each other after Kyrie missed that wild shot attempt to end the game. Horford was wide open for a game winning triple. Distraction and dysfunction in Boston.

Yeah i was watching the game, Kyrie was trying to go full Kobe Bryant, except he never made it to the free throw line.

25 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah i was watching the game, Kyrie was trying to go full Kobe Bryant, except he never made it to the free throw line.

They were letting both teams play very physical. It was a fun game to watch, and I was glad to see Boston lose.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I've been bored and playing around with stats. 

The interesting thing about our play lately is we're not forcing opponents into bad shots. We're just eliminating easy shots. We're near the top of the league in Opponent points off turnovers, fast break points, second chance points, points in the paint, and free throw rate. 

Excellent research. Great principles from coach cliff

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

I’m starting to think this “Mamba Mentality” label Kobe gives out is akin to the old Madden Curse.