The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Milwaukee has the best defense in the league. They can win games ugly. They can win games by hitting 20 threes. 

Toronto plays much closer to our level of play

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Honestly Milwaukee killed us when Giannis played, but so did Toronto when Kawhi played.

I must’ve missed that one. Was the game Kawhi killed us when we blew them out or the game we lost on a buzzer beater? 

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I must’ve missed that one. Was the game Kawhi killed us when we blew them out or the game we lost on a buzzer beater? 

Yeah i remember that win now. Still, the playoffs are a different animal.

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We get smoked by both but I’d rather play Milwaukee 

we wont get smoked by Toronto.. i disagree MP but each to their own, I think we beat the Pacers for sure

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Luckily we don't have to wait long to see if i'm right. See you on Sunday. 

Honestly Milwaukee killed us when Giannis played, but so did Toronto when Kawhi played.

we lost by 1 and beat them what are you talking about fella lol

35 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Root for Portland and Philly tonight!

Philly beats Miami and we are in a tie with them (ahead on %) and Portland beats Brooklyn we move to 2 1/2 back for 6th. 

GO TRAIL-SIXERS! Or is it SEVENTY-BLAZERS?

33 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Philly beats Miami and we are in a tie with them (ahead on %) and Portland beats Brooklyn we move to 2 1/2 back for 6th. 

GO TRAIL-SIXERS! Or is it SEVENTY-BLAZERS?

Philly blazers?

On 2/17/2019 at 12:16 PM, JJZFL said:

This discussion has come to an odd place.  I don't think there is a choice between playing a player who isn't yet ready and making the current team worse in the process, vs developing that player for the future.  A lot of rookies aren't ready to play important minutes when they first come in the league.  That's ok.  Develop them (as SVG did with Reddick) but don't have them play big minutes which may hurt the team now.  Being on a winning team and sharing in being competitive is also very important in the development of a young player.  No one is talking about "giving up" on anybody.

For the most part, I think we are making the same points, just expressed differently. However, regarding "giving up on Bomba, I should have quoted the poster who asked "what we could get  back in a package for Bomba and a few others" during the trade deadline discussions. There have been plenty of these comments, which I find disturbing based upon our history of trading young talent, to a fault .