The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Any update on Fultz joining the team?

I think he will stay in LA for now. No new developments. Magic therapy staff in LA working with him. I dont see him joining the team yet. 

21 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think he will stay in LA for now. No new developments. Magic therapy staff in LA working with him. I dont see him joining the team yet. 

The time in LA is supposed to be short term to get our staff up to speed. They could already be back. 

Doesn't change the outlook though. Could get an update tomorrow saying he's playing. Could be a month from now. Could be next season. 

So, breaking this thing down, 23 games left (10 home 13 road), 3 back to backs, and 11 games vs teams either in the playoffs or fighting for a spot. 

1. February 22 -- vs Chicago (W)
  2. February 24 -- @ Toronto (L)
  3. February 26 -- @ New York (W)
  4. February 28 -- vs Golden State (W)
  5. March 2 -- @ Indiana (W)
  6. March 3 -- @ Cleveland (W)
  7. March 5 -- @ Philadelphia (L)
  8. March 8 -- vs Dallas (W)
  9. March 10 -- @ Memphis (W)
  10. March 13 -- @ Washington (L)
  11. March 14 -- vs Cleveland (W)
  12. March 17 -- vs Atlanta (W)
  13. March 20 -- vs New Orleans (L)
  14. March 22 -- vs Memphis (W)
  15. March 25 -- vs Philadelphia (L)
  16. March 26 -- @ Miami (L)
  17. March 28 -- @ Detroit (W)
  18. March 30 -- @ Indiana (L)
  19. April 1 -- @ Toronto (L)
  20. April 3 -- vs New York (W)
  21. April 5 -- vs Atlanta (W)
  22. April 7 -- @ Boston (L)
  23. April 10 -- @ Charlotte (W)
I think we go 14-9, with the most important stretch of games from March 26-30. @ Miami, @ Detroit, and @ Indiana. I think we lose 2 but I'd love it if we could win 2 or all 3. 
The Heat have a tough stretch of games in the second half, Hornets have a tough 2nd half. I think Detroit and Orlando will make the playoffs either as a 7 or 8. Brooklyn holds on to the 6 spot. 
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

The real question is, when we make the playoffs (positive thinking) -- who would you rather play in a best of 7? Milwaukee or Toronto?

Toronto. 

Milwaukee at full strength has been waxing teams. Milwaukee's margin of victory this year has been almost double Toronto's. Their advanced numbers are comparable to all time historically great teams. We should want to avoid them at all costs. 

From my arm chair amature research,  the rehabbing for Kelles shoulder would be about opening things up and balancing out muscles in his shoulders and back to make sure the nerve isnt getting pinched. It's not like healing from a wound where you can have an estimate. I've also read about players having a rib removed to allow better blood flow. That's a crazy scary thing to ask a kid to do. All the adjustments are so slight. I'm glad hes working with the best in Kobe Braynts old physical therapist. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Love how you stuck that Golden State win on that list. 

Seems legit, lets go MAGIC!

I think we steal one from them eventually. We played them really close in @ their place. I think when we play teams like Boston/Philly/GS/Toronto. We should be able to steal one or two away from those teams. Hopefully...

5 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

The real question is, when we make the playoffs (positive thinking) -- who would you rather play in a best of 7? Milwaukee or Toronto?

We get smoked by both but I’d rather play Milwaukee