The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

18 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I personally don't think 38 wins gets us into the playoffs, I think there'll be one sub .500 team and they'll probably have 40 wins.  That said I think the 6 seed is a legitimate possibility seeing as we are only 3 games back of it.  I think Brooklyn will stay just above 500 (42-40) and either Charlotte or Detroit will end strong at around 40 wins.  Call me a homer but looking at our schedule I think we can finish 16-7 and end up 43-39 for the 6 seed.

In this scenario obviously it would be great if Indiana could hold onto #3 but with Oladipo gone that isn't going to happen.  It would be against Philly or Boston and both of those would be tough but I think we'd get a game or two and consider it a win going into next season.  I think Toronto and Milwaukee would clean our clocks assuming everyone is healthy.  

Add: I see 12 likely wins on the schedule and 4 tossups.  

The 8th seed should be around 38-39 wins. Charlotte, Brooklyn, and Miami have really tough schedules the rest of the way. 

Miami only has 4 games left against the bottom 7 tanking teams and 11 games left against the top 10 teams in the league. 

Charlotte plays Cleveland once, New Orleans once, and the top 10 teams 11 times. 

There's not enough games left for teams to all get to 40 wins. They'll cannibalise each other on the way. 

16 wins is doable but kind of the absolute best case scenario. We have 10 games left against bad teams but we probably expect to go 9-1 or 8-2 in those games. We play the middle class teams 7 more times and we should probably expect to go 3-4 or 4-3 in those games. We play contenders 6 more times and should probably expect to go 1-5 or 2-4 in those games. 

So 16 wins is asking the team to go something like 10-0 against the bad teams, 4-3 against the mid level teams, and 2-4 against the contenders. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The 8th seed should be around 38-39 wins. Charlotte, Brooklyn, and Miami have really tough schedules the rest of the way. 

Miami only has 4 games left against the bottom 7 tanking teams and 11 games left against the top 10 teams in the league. 

Charlotte plays Cleveland once, New Orleans once, and the top 10 teams 11 times. 

There's not enough games left for teams to all get to 40 wins. They'll cannibalise each other on the way. 

16 wins is doable but kind of the absolute best case scenario. We have 10 games left against bad teams but we probably expect to go 9-1 or 8-2 in those games. We play the middle class teams 7 more times and we should probably expect to go 3-4 or 4-3 in those games. We play contenders 6 more times and should probably expect to go 1-5 or 2-4 in those games. 

So 16 wins is asking the team to go something like 10-0 against the bad teams, 4-3 against the mid level teams, and 2-4 against the contenders. 

I needed this thank you 

Love your optimism guys, just a couple of weeks ago we were depressed and someone was hoping in a little tank, and now we're talking about favorable playoff matchups... without even be in there! :)  I still don't have this kind of faith on the same team that folded quite a few times. I see the improvements, but I'm not sure that we can sustain such a great record to finish 6th even with a simple schedule. Hope I'm wrong, clearly.

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

38 wins was my pre-season prediction

All we have to do is win 5 more then we lose from here on out to hit 41 wins.... A very doable achievement considering our strength of schedule post all star break.

10 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I went through the remaining schedule and have us going 14-9 to finish 41-41. Let's do it!!

14-9 is very reasonable if these last 5 games show us anything. That and health.

Heck, Gordon has been pretty bad offensively and we still looked unbeatable.

23 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

38 wins was my pre-season prediction

Yep I remember. 42 - 40 for me .. 6th place finish we play the Pacers or Raptors and win the series..