The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

20 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think Silver is right.  We’re another excellent example. 

I do not agree with much of what  Silver says and this is another example. The word corrosive defined is destruction of the material, in this case, a team.  Tanking has not always destroyed teams as we have seen.  Knicks and Magic were/are bad tankers, probably add Chicago too.  Have to get picks 1-3 (our all star traded away was pick 2) if you tank, picking 4-8 substantially lowers your odds of draft success.  Last night's all star game showed 13 out of 26 players drafted 1, 2, or 3 while 4 were drafted 4-8.  Stats tell the truth.  What I would agree is that the concept of tanking is not corrosive it is horrible.  But how do you fix it?  New system this year is already not working and we shall soon see (as teams go on full tank mode) how it already needs changing.  Bad thing about new system is worst teams have less of a chance to improve.  It will never happen but SVG still had the only real possibility to get rid of tanking unrestricted FA after year one. That would make good management the priority.   Draft/Lottery is too lucrative for a real solution.  So tanking stays even if it is horrible and all we hear from Silver is incorrect "words".

7 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I do not agree with much of what  Silver says and this is another example. The word corrosive defined is destruction of the material, in this case, a team.  Tanking has not always destroyed teams as we have seen.  Knicks and Magic were/are bad tankers, probably add Chicago too.  Have to get picks 1-3 (our all star traded away was pick 2) if you tank, picking 4-8 substantially lowers your odds of draft success.  Last night's all star game showed 13 out of 26 players drafted 1, 2, or 3 while 4 were drafted 4-8.  Stats tell the truth.  What I would agree is that the concept of tanking is not corrosive it is horrible.  But how do you fix it?  New system this year is already not working and we shall soon see (as teams go on full tank mode) how it already needs changing.  Bad thing about new system is worst teams have less of a chance to improve.  It will never happen but SVG still had the only real possibility to get rid of tanking unrestricted FA after year one. That would make good management the priority.   Draft/Lottery is too lucrative for a real solution.  So tanking stays even if it is horrible and all we hear from Silver is incorrect "words".

The new system should work eventually as new data is presented. I think a lot of the problem comes from an extremely talent rich 2002-2012 where getting the number one pick almost guaranteed you a franchise player. Now that we've hit a lull it makes it more difficult to justify. 

45 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Wow, lots of butthurt there. I listened to the press conference like most of us did and I didn’t pick up on any negative vibe from Fultz regarding the 76ers fans or the city. Also I guess the new thing is hate on Orlando as a pro-basketball city. It’s gonna be fun watching us ascend and shutting all these assclowns up 

6 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Wow, lots of butthurt there. I listened to the press conference like most of us did and I didn’t pick up on any negative vibe from Fultz regarding the 76ers fans or the city. Also I guess the new thing is hate on Orlando as a pro-basketball city. It’s gonna be fun watching us ascend and shutting all these assclowns up 

I hope our boys are paying attention to crap like these fools are spewing and also what hollywood kuzma had to say, and come out the last 23 games with a big chip on their shoulders.

These last games could really be fun for the first time in many years. Now if we could just get through this break and get back to business.

I hope the players come back with the same focus and determination they had before the break. People taking shots at us from all over should give that lil extra umf to finish this playoff push.

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The new system should work eventually as new data is presented. I think a lot of the problem comes from an extremely talent rich 2002-2012 where getting the number one pick almost guaranteed you a franchise player. Now that we've hit a lull it makes it more difficult to justify. 

We shall see but I am not as optimistic about this new system.  Been an NBA fan since the early 1960's (even one of the 10 fans that endured the 1970's......lol)   The beauty has always been the players and the hope of playoff success.  Amazed at the talent and skills these "young men" possess.   2012 to 2016 was a lull but I am likeing what I see in the last three years and with the addition of Fultz to combine with Isaac and Bamba (who I like a lot) maybe our two picks at 6 combined with a #1 will be our answer.