The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I think you guys are selling Birch short in a big way.  I don't agree that you can just pick any backup center off a tree and they'll all be the same.  The fact is that both last season and this season, the team played its best, and had its best record, when Birch was playing significant minutes at backup center.  Whether it's his energy and desire that inspires his teammates, his ability to be in the right place at the right time defensively, or some other intangible, Birch seems to correlate with us winning.  I would be hesitant about giving that up.

Do all of you think we'd be doing as well right now if Bamba was still playing?

Love Birch and agree with you on so many levels. Never been a fan of playing guys based on contract or draft position and there’s no doubt that Birch is Bringing energy that Bamba has approached at times but not equaled, at least not consistently. I don’t see a huge offer forthcoming but at some point we are going to have to consider unpact and Kem brings it every single night. Sorry, I’m a little tipsy. Bamba needs to earn a spot on this team, he could conceivably be packaged with our first to move up. Just saying. Love our team and wine 

Birch is 26, played overseas, and is in his second NBA season. He played 42 games last year. Let’s maybe hold off on deciding to place our hopes on him before giving up on the 20 year old rookie still learning the game?

If we were making a championship run, and needed a player who can contribute now rather than later, then maybe. But only to help that run. We are barely in the playoff race, and need to build sustainability. Not sure why this is being approached with a win-now mentality.

4 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

I leave for the day, come back, and we’re talking about trading Bamba again :/ 

We go on a little win streak and all of a sudden everyone who was "Trade Vuch or else" is all "I'd be ok with signing him to a team friendly deal". Nothing has changed! Vuch needs to go and Bamba needs to be the guy next year at some point. Let's not get complacent.