The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Not related to anything but Kyle Kuzma had a horrendous take on XM this morning.  He was asked if it was hard to deal with the media attention in LA and he said (paraphrasing): 'I like it.  If you're not being talked about you're not doing it right.  I'd rather play for LA and get all bad publicity than play for Orlando and get no publicity.'

That's a pretty dumb view on its own not to mention a weird year to use us as an example when we're 2-0 vs. LAL.

• Upvote 1

I think getting to 40 wins would be wonderful achievement for this team. Honestly before the season started getting .500 was the best case scenario for this team.

All those blown leads in December and January ruined our chances for that. Just sniffing 40 wins would be great considering where we were just two weeks ago.

I predict 38 wins with good health down the stretch. We will see if that's good enough.

23 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Not related to anything but Kyle Kuzma had a horrendous take on XM this morning.  He was asked if it was hard to deal with the media attention in LA and he said (paraphrasing): 'I like it.  If you're not being talked about you're not doing it right.  I'd rather play for LA and get all bad publicity than play for Orlando and get no publicity.'

That's a pretty dumb view on its own not to mention a weird year to use us as an example when we're 2-0 vs. LAL.

He’s insecure. Bless his heart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

A big shoutout to Briscoe, Iwundu and Birch... and of course, JI. Did you guys know Briscoe is now shooting 37% from three with stout defense, while Iwundu is shooting 38% from three with great defense?

People were quick to write off Iwundu. He definitely wasn't good last year but he was also a 2nd round rookie. Takes players time. Great piece to have.

25 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Well now I’m glad we didn’t pick this douche. Some of these players, all they see is the bright lights and stardom, I don’t get it, brainwashed da’s. 

3 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

People were quick to write off Iwundu. He definitely wasn't good last year but he was also a 2nd round rookie. Takes players time. Great piece to have.

I see something special in this kid. Great heart and hustle and a nice stroke. Great pick in the second round btw. His confidence is growing so watch out. 

40 wins (knowing that we gave away at least 5 games and are 0 for OT) would be amazing for this group. Then add Bamba, Fultz and our 2019 1st rounder and suddenly were arguably the best young team in the league

Not sure if it was mentioned in the game thread or not, but last nights game was the only one I can remember off the top of my head where one entire team had a positive +/- and the other team had every single player in the negative.

If you haven't yet, go pull up the box score and gaze upon it. It's a thing of rare beauty. Go Magic

29 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Just another good reason to hate the Los Angeles "tampering" Lakers.  

Small market teams starting to get it and voicing their concern to the clown show at the NBA offices as article below states

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/12/small-market-gms-upset-nba-wont-enforce-tampering-rules.html

And the president of a team (aka..Magic Johnson) should not be allowed to interact with the star of another team (aka Simmons of Philly) to exhange idea's (like his future team which I am sure Magic "tampering" Johnson would not do??????) whether the clown show says that was not tampering or not.  

Hoping we keep our momentum to make the playoffs and rooting for every team playing the Lakers and they do not make the playoffs.   I think that would be the first time in a long time LJ is sitting during playoff time. 

That would mean you too, Kyle.  Oh, and Kyle if the "tampering" Lakers trade for AD you are probably going to be playing in a city where you get no publicity.  That would be justice.  Just hope  it is not  Orlando because, don't look now, you would have to have to sit on the bench behind our "no publicity" up and coming stars.  

AND hoping the Lakers strike out with all their FA targets this year.  Justice would win again.

25 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

I do not have stats but I thought I read somewhere Iwundu is ranked as the #1 defender at his position/s.  Now adding a little offense to that defense and we have another piece to the puzzle. Patience is a virtue which I never have enough of, especially after the last 6 years.  lol  

18 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I do not have stats but I thought I read somewhere Iwundu is ranked as the #1 defender at his position/s.  Now adding a little offense to that defense and we have another piece to the puzzle. Patience is a virtue which I never have enough of, especially after the last 6 years.  lol  

He’s hitting threes a lot lately. Or it seems that way.