The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

58 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

also, birch is a keeper

I agree. But I feel like we won't be able to keep him as our 3rd string center, some other team will offer him a much bigger opportunity and amount of playing time.

As great as Vuc has been playing I'd love to see us just let him go. Sign Birch and start him next season until Bamba is ready to take over.

3 hours ago, The Boss said:

I agree. But I feel like we won't be able to keep him as our 3rd string center, some other team will offer him a much bigger opportunity and amount of playing time.

As great as Vuc has been playing I'd love to see us just let him go. Sign Birch and start him next season until Bamba is ready to take over.

He's restricted free agent

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

He's restricted free agent

Yeah but if we re-sign Vuc, Bamba is obviously the back-up, so how much would we be willing to match to keep him? And would he be happy to be 3rd string again if other teams tell him they'll play him 20+ mins a game?

A big reason for this recent bench playing resurgence is Birch. Can we please just enjoy this before discussing letting go of a guy (Birch) and our current all star (Vuc) for theoreticals that are not impending decisions now with us playing some of the best Magic basketball since almost a decade?!?!?

• Downvote 1

A big shoutout to Briscoe, Iwundu and Birch... and of course, JI. Did you guys know Briscoe is now shooting 37% from three with stout defense, while Iwundu is shooting 38% from three with great defense?

We're 27-32

We have 9 games left against tanking teams.

We have 8 games left against teams with similar talent to us. 

We can go 8-1 against the tanking teams and 4-4 against our peers and get to 39 wins without counting on an upset of Toronto, Philly, or Boston. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're 27-32

We have 9 games left against tanking teams.

We have 8 games left against teams with similar talent to us. 

We can go 8-1 against the tanking teams and 4-4 against our peers and get to 39 wins without counting on an upset of Toronto, Philly, or Boston. 

The way they're playing is it inconceivable to win maybe 15 games and take 6th seed?

1 minute ago, adamzaz said:

The way they're playing is it inconceivable to win maybe 15 games and take 6th seed?

Not at all. I'm looking at more base level expectations. 

It's not inconceivable for the team to go 9-0 vs the tanking teams, beat Indiana, Dallas, New Orleans, Detroit, and Charlotte. Steal a game vs Toronto and Philly. Lose to Golden State, Philly, Washington, Miami, Indiana, Toronto, and Boston. 

That gets us to 43 wins. 

It's just difficult to expect that. That would put us on a 23-8 run to finish the season. That's 60 win pace. And while that's aided by schedule and Miami finished 30-11 the last half of 2017 under similar circumstances it's just hard to expect. We'll slip up. Someone will miss a week. Someone will go through a shooting slump.