The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

watching the Fultz presser

Excited at the potential as were Weltman and Clifford.  Loved the comments from both that there was virtually nothing he could not excel at.  Pretty much sums up his NBA bio by every pundit before the draft.  Looks like Markelle was not going to put a time frame on when he comes back which is probably good.  I got the impression it would not be this year.  I would loved that question to  have been asked and what % of his of his shoulder was healed.  Thought the media was on their best behavior and appeared to be "walking on egg shells" in their questioning.  Markelle was impressive with his answers to the questions and I hope his rehab is successful which he seemed to indicate was happening.    It was obvious, even though their answers were subdued, that Clifford and Weltman cannot wait to get him on the floor.  

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

do not know what to make of that. But hey he is here and it will be a case of patience and progress ... wish the kid all the success in the world.

I was trying to tell people yesterday on Twitter this was going to happen. 

Every interview is built around the idea that they want to avoid expectations of when he'll be available to play because if there's no expectations there's no way for him to fail to meet expectations. If someone indicates "we expect him to play on March 7th" and March 7th comes around and he's not ready everyone will panic or he's going to sense that possibility and play anyway and screw himself up. 

We're never going to get a "we think he'll play next week"

We're only going to get "Fultz has begun practicing with the team" or, on the day he's available, "Fultz is active for tonight's game". 

Nothing has changed. He could play next week, next month, or next season

Yep, no way they put a timeframe on anything epecially with it not being a given that we even make the playoffs, no reason to push for a date until our own season is clearer in a month or 2. Then maybe they can look at it internally to see if he can play in a playoff series, would give him time to learn the schemes etc if it did happen.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I was trying to tell people yesterday on Twitter this was going to happen. 

Every interview is built around the idea that they want to avoid expectations of when he'll be available to play because if there's no expectations there's no way for him to fail to meet expectations. If someone indicates "we expect him to play on March 7th" and March 7th comes around and he's not ready everyone will panic or he's going to sense that possibility and play anyway and screw himself up. 

We're never going to get a "we think he'll play next week"

We're only going to get "Fultz has begun practicing with the team" or, on the day he's available, "Fultz is active for tonight's game". 

Nothing has changed. He could play next week, next month, or next season

Totally agree. We just have to be happy we have a potential future superstar rehabbing that we got for peanuts and if he gets healthy stays healthy and is only a highly serviceable backup point guard, we still made a great trade. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

on what his injury felt like: "Hard to lift up your arms... Get tingling in your fingers. Numbness. It's tough to describe. You know something's wrong and you try to figure it out... if you talk to anyone with TOS you know it changes your life dramatically."

LOL.... he actually said Dramastically

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cautiously excited. I think i'll focus on how well the team is playing recently. It's almost like night and day.

Very excited about the game tonight.

With the new plan to focus on him adding more muscle and bulk while he's out rehabilitating a left leg with a stress fracture, @OrlandoMagic C Mo Bamba joked that his new nickname is "Swole Bamba" -- which is written on a grease board inside the Magic weight room.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

If Fultz comes back, probably won’t be until after all star weekend.

Well... yeah. All star weekend starts tomorrow.