The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Its pretty clear that there is no timetable on his return, although I thought it was pretty lame that not a single media person asked that specific question. I definitely don't get the sense that him playing this season is a given at this point. I personally don't think we'll see him on the court until next season based on the press conference

You can tell he had been prepped with how to respond to the when will he be fit to play questions with the we will just take our time and do it the right way. Feel like it's all Weham have said the past week lol

Are you ready to play?

Just taking my time and doing things the right way

Whats your time frame?

Can you shoot without discomfort since being in rehab?

Are you going to continue to rehab in LA or Orlando?

What kind of impact can you make on the court?

Just working on getting back to being the 'Kelle i  know...and taking my time and doing things the right way

Theres the whole presser boiled down

do not know what to make of that. But hey he is here and it will be a case of patience and progress ... wish the kid all the success in the world.

on what his injury felt like: "Hard to lift up your arms... Get tingling in your fingers. Numbness. It's tough to describe. You know something's wrong and you try to figure it out... if you talk to anyone with TOS you know it changes your life dramatically."

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

Its pretty clear that there is no timetable on the return, although I thought it was pretty lame that no media person asked that specific question. I don't get the sense that him playing this season is a given at this point.

Agreed, sounds like next season to me.. 

"The team is 4-0 since I was traded... (laughter) I'm really happy for the team. I know a lot of the guys... These guys are amazing. I feel like I'm home already." -

looooooool made me laugh

Weltman on what makes special: "Size, IQ, vision, skills, ability to get into the paint and work from the inside out." (Mentioned strong character too)."

The more I think about it the more I think a return next season just makes much more sense at this point. This will take any pressure he might be feeling to get on the court off of him and throwing him into the mix with a team that is playing well and in the midst of fighting for a playoff spot themselves would probably have its challenges. Give him all the time he needs to hopefully fully overcome this injury and start fresh next season.