The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

Thank you Stan! I’ve been saying for a while how Vuch is very underrated and wanted to keep him at the right price. 

What is your right price? 

Because Vuch is going to get paid. 

Are we in any position to re-sign Ross and give Vuc a huge 1 year contract? Would he even consider a 1 year contract? I could probably live with a 2 year deal but I feel like it's a huge risk paying him for 3+ years at the price he will be commanding this off-season. I worry that if he gets 3 years and he reverts back to the old Vuc we are going to be in big trouble.

As well as he's played I think I'd just like to move on from him (or the style of play we have to play with him in the game). I think we have been building a roster that would thrive on a fast paced style and he is holding us back.

If Mo isn't ready to start and we deem Birch not good enough to start then I'd prefer we looked for a 1 year high energy center in FA and let Vuc walk.

Would also like to move Fournier in the off-season and get another SG that would work well in a fast paced offense.

22 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Are we in any position to re-sign Ross and give Vuc a huge 1 year contract? Would he even consider a 1 year contract? I could probably live with a 2 year deal but I feel like it's a huge risk paying him for 3+ years at the price he will be commanding this off-season. I worry that if he gets 3 years and he reverts back to the old Vuc we are going to be in big trouble.

As well as he's played I think I'd just like to move on from him (or the style of play we have to play with him in the game). I think we have been building a roster that would thrive on a fast paced style and he is holding us back.

If Mo isn't ready to start and we deem Birch not good enough to start then I'd prefer we looked for a 1 year high energy center in FA and let Vuc walk.

Would also like to move Fournier in the off-season and get another SG that would work well in a fast paced offense.

Think we’re gonna give Vuc a 2 year $45-50 mill deal with a team option on the 3rd. Between $22 and $25 mill a year. I’m not excited by it, but I expect it so I’m coming to terms with it.

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Tonight we've got

Nets @ Cavs

Pistons @ Celtics

Wizards @ Raps

Heat @ Mavs

could be an amazing night for our race. 

8 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Think we’re gonna give Vuc a 2 year $45-50 mill deal with a team option on the 3rd. Between $22 and $25 mill a year. I’m not excited by it, but I expect it so I’m coming to terms with it.

Agree. And I feel the same way. Not excited about it, but it’s happening. As long as it’s just 2 years with an option on the third I won’t be that upset. 

Im just praying it’s not a 4 year deal. 

Edit: I would be most happy with a 1 yr deal like the sixers did with Redick. 

Glad to see we are playing so well in this stretch

offensively looking really unselfish (32 assists last night), briscoe seems like an upgrade over grant, isaac is showing nice jumper strokes, vuc continues18-19 breakout season and even fournier (whose defense and intensity I really despise) had a great game yesterday.

this is the time to face the hornets and show them if we are the same listless team from yesteryears or if there is a new identity now.

We are going to beat the Hornets tomorrow. This team just needs to play our own game and throw AG and Issac at Kemba & Briscoe too. His defence has been a surprise.

I sense a real chance in the teams attitude. Things are clicking.. Buying in to coach and each other. The bench is always up and celebrating etc etc..

Really nice to see. I honestly believe we make the playoffs and make some noise also. Just gotta stay focused and play team ball.