The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont really like the hybrid comparisons. He is just Simmons in a smaller body.  A guy who cant shoot but can create for others. 

Saying Kelle cant shoot is the same as saying Hill couldnt run. You can't tell anything until they're back from injury. 

4 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Who does Fultz remind everyone of? Can’t really put a finger on it. Deceptively explosive. Not Uber quick but quick. Good defensive instincts. Good vision. Slasher. I dunno.

D'Angelo Russell

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I never liked the harden comp. Harden scores so differently. 

I wanted to say young Baron Davis but Baron uses his athleticism for explosive stuff where Fultz is smooth. 

Oh. I got it. Deron Williams

I can see that. Fultz is more explosive though.

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

D'Angelo Russell

Huh?

Russell is a mid range guy that's really bad at finishing at the rim. He gets most of his interior points by pulling up in the gap of a defense or through floaters. The side effect of this is one of the lowest free throw rates in the league. He's not much of an athlete but he's shifty and he's getting really good scoring instincts. Playing his defender vs trying to get to a specific spot. 

Fultz gets into the paint and finishes through contact. More acrobatic layups than dunks but he can do that too. He's got an explosive first step which let's him get past a defenders hip and into the paint regularly even without threat of a jumper. 

5 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Who does Fultz remind everyone of? Can’t really put a finger on it. Deceptively explosive. Not Uber quick but quick. Good defensive instincts. Good vision. Slasher. I dunno.

Mix between Brandon Roy and Harden

4 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

He shot 41% from 3 on 5 attempts per game in college

That is no the question. He is not shooting that as An NBA player. He has been struggling with his shot. 

I am comparing him to what he currently is. Not taking in consideration how I believe he is going to be. 

If we take in consideration how he was in college and how he is going to be then I will have to go with Rose. 

4 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Thank you Stan! I’ve been saying for a while how Vuch is very underrated and wanted to keep him at the right price. 

I’m just concerned that this is only “contract year” Vucevic. I hope that this isn’t, but I think we will re-sign him, so I guess we will find out. I do hope we can trade/upgrade Fournier.