The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

My favorite part was

“I know that he’s been rehabilitating in Los Angeles, and he feels he’s towards the end of that progression right now.”

me too... got me thinkin..it sounds to me like he has sorted his shot?? Hmmmmm 

Jeff Weltman on Markelle Fultz’s shoulder: “We’re hoping that if a solution can be found, and I think he sounds like he feels it’s already been found and he’s on the road to recovery right now. That he can recover his form and be his old self.”

Jeff Weltman on Markelle Fultz return: “We’re open.. We have to understand what he’s been through, listen and hear him. Obviously it would great if it turned out to be sooner, but if it’s not we’ll walk down the path and have confidence we have the best people handling it.”

Exciting two games left before the break. If we win both we might be only 1 game behind the 8 and likely 2 games behind the 7th position. We can do this. 

Also, for those who are looking for something to do during the break, the Champions league starts today! Exciting times!

• Like 1

Man, I have the gooseys thinking about our youth and development potential. Imagine if all these guys under 25 start peaking before we get rid of them :)

10 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Name your MVP. 

Looking at the numbers and standings, right now I’d go:

1. Antetokounmpo

2. George

3. Durant

Harden is a media darling but a chucker in my book.

Harden

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Exciting two games left before the break. If we win both we might be only 1 game behind the 8 and likely 2 games behind the 7th position. We can do this. 

Also, for those who are looking for something to do during the break, the Champions league starts today! Exciting times!

Vamos PORTO!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

FO starting to silence all doubters on their vision for this team.  I did not want to lose Vuc and Ross for nothing this summer and we still could but I am starting to believe this FO will resign them.  Just hope that does not slow down the development of Bamba who could easily make the kind of jump Isaac has made this year.  I think Bamba looked better and more ready this year than what we saw of Isaac last year.  Video of Fultz was great.  If he gets his shot back we have a creator, someone who can drive to the basket and a PG that will make our big guys even more dangerous.  With the above guys, add another quality first round pick this year, develop Frazier like Iwundu....etc.  Looking like we have a very bright future.

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm not taking anything away from the point of those tweets, they are very telling.  That said I don't see much different in Gordon at this point.  He's been pretty consistent the past few seasons.  He's obviously a part of what we have going and I'm glad to have him, I just think his upside is becoming more defined now. 

12 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I'm not taking anything away from the point of those tweets, they are very telling.  That said I don't see much different in Gordon at this point.  He's been pretty consistent the past few seasons.  He's obviously a part of what we have going and I'm glad to have him, I just think his upside is becoming more defined now. 

I would say that his passing, playmaking, and overall feel (not forcing) have taken major steps forward this season. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I would say that his passing, playmaking, and overall feel (not forcing) have taken major steps forward this season. 

His passing has improved a little (but I wouldn't call it playmaking because his handles are below average) and I do like that he has stabilized his 3 point shooting some the last couple years.  The stats concur that its a net neutral thing with him where he doesn't keep up previous improvements while other things improve.  He's a good player and I like how it seems he's willing to adapt to others on the floor to win.  I think Isaac is going to really push him relatively soon.  Obviously the key for him is to become a dangerous 3 point shooter.