The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fultz really fixes everything from a team building standpoint. Increases young talent. Gives us a potentially elite scorer to develop. Gives us a vision of a team that has an identity that they can execute at an elite level. 

Now it all might fall apart but we should at least have some peace of mind over the next 18 months. 

I'm thinking that even if his shot doesn't come back the other things he brings will make him the best PG we've had in a very long time.

17-8 seems unrealistic. Not trying to discredit what we’ve done of late, but there’s not an overly impressive win or series of wins. 

Bucks without Giannis (still solid though)

Pacers without Dipo 

Nets, Wolves, Hawks 

2 losses to OKC and a loss to Houston (losses to Wizards and Nets before loss to Rockets).

It’s nice to actually be beating teams consistently that we should beat I’m just reserved in thinking we’ve completely turned a corner as much as just hitting a soft spot in the schedule. 

I guess the good news is our schedule is favorable the rest of the year so as long as we keep beating the teams that on paper we should—we are looking good. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

17-8 seems unrealistic. Not trying to discredit what we’ve done of late, but there’s not an overly impressive win or series of wins. 

Pacers without Dipo 

Nets, Wolves, Hawks 

2 losses to OKC and a loss to Houston (losses to Wizards and Nets before loss to Rockets).

It’s nice to actually be beating teams consistently that we should beat I’m just reserved in thinking we’ve completely turned a corner as much as just hitting a soft spot in the schedule. 

I guess the good news is our schedule is favorable the rest of the year so as long as we keep beating the teams that on paper we should—we are looking good. 

It’s been decidedly in sync type wins since the Simmons trade. The team is playing relaxed, now believing they will not be (immediately) dismantled to pieces. The past two wins have been defensive juggernauts with surprising offensive tenacity. 

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Pacers without Dipo 

Nets, Wolves, Hawks 

Front court play, specifically Isaac, both on offense and defense, is the biggest change I am seeing.  Can he keep this up the rest of the season will probably determine our fate.  I will be the first to say I never saw Isaac getting to this level this season at all.  Thus I thought no chance at playoffs.  Now I am cautiously optimistic even though the odds are against us.  The great thing though is we are getting a glimpse of Isaac and what he can do, and he will only get better.  If, and a big if I know, Fultz can recover, and what glimpses I have seen of Bamba in his rookie year playing well, I am starting to believe in Magic again.  Been a long six years but I like what I see.

All I’m saying is I’m reserved. Beat a healthy playoff team and continue to beat the sub .500 teams than I’ll start unboxing my blue & white ignite gear. 

We’ve had good stretches before only to crater.

If you guys are comfortable saying we’ve turned the corner and can win 17 of the last 25 based off the last 6 games in a soft spot in the schedule, that’s great,  I’m just not quite there yet. 

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

All I’m saying is I’m reserved. Beat a healthy playoff team and continue to beat the sub .500 teams than I’ll start unboxing my blue & white ignite gear. 

We’ve had good stretches before only to crater.

If you guys are comfortable saying we’ve turned the corner and can win 17 of the last 25 based off the last 6 games in a soft spot in the schedule, that’s great,  I’m just not quite there yet. 

Is not about that, in my opinion. Are we better than Washington and/or Charlotte? 

Charlotte seems to be in and Washington got better with the addition of Parker and Portis . Not to mention that Dwigth is coming back soon. 

I order for us to get in, this two or one of the two needs to lose more. 

If we are serious about the playoff run, we need to improve our bench scoring. We need to be active with the buyout players. Maybe another guard who can shoot might help

25 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Is not about that, in my opinion. Are we better than Washington and/or Charlotte? 

Charlotte seems to be in and Washington got better with the addition of Parker and Portis . Not to mention that Dwigth is coming back soon. 

I order for us to get in, this two or one of the two needs to lose more. 

Charlotte has the third most difficult remaining schedule in the NBA. Of their 27 remaining games they have Boston once, Golden State twice, Houston twice, the Lakers once in LA, Milwaukee once in Milwaukee, Philly once, Portland once, San Antonio once, Toronto twice, Utah in Utah. 

They've already blown through their allotment of tanking teams (Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, New York, Phoenix, Memphis) with the exception of one game remaining at Cleveland. 

Side note: Charlotte doesn't deserve a playoff spot. They've lost games against Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, New York. 

I wouldn't pencil them in to the playoffs yet. 

Edit: also the last game of the season they play us. They're on the second night of a back to back, we're on two days rest.