The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Aaron questionable tonight with a sore lower back

I hope we won't need him for these guy's, but then again, we are not in any position to take anyone or game lightly. But I hope we won't need him.

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

17 of our 25 games left are against teams that are currently under .500. We’re 1.5 games out of 8th, 4 games out of 6th. Let’s do this!

Let's hope for the 8th seed.  Dragic is coming back after the all-star break so Miami will be better.  Other teams around us are playing better.  It will be a dog fight until the end!

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

17 of our 25 games left are against teams that are currently under .500. We’re 1.5 games out of 8th, 4 games out of 6th. Let’s do this!

Think our goal needs to be 14-11. That's tough but it's doable. 

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah i think this is very reasonable with good health. GO MAGIC!

The only scary thing about this team is I can't think of a great way to improve the rotation externally. I don't think we can add anything easy to make us better. It's not like adding a better 10th man PF would result in more wins. 

All improvement now is going to be internal growth and flipping players for better versions of themselves. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

2 against the Cavs, 2 against the Hawks, 2 against the Knicks, 1 against the Bulls should be 7-0, then just have to go 7-11 in the rest. Pelicans twice, Hornets twice, Grizzlies twice, Heat, Pistons. Just gotta keep playing well and hope the rest falls in to place.

44 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

2 against the Cavs, 2 against the Hawks, 2 against the Knicks, 1 against the Bulls should be 7-0, then just have to go 7-11 in the rest. Pelicans twice, Hornets twice, Grizzlies twice, Heat, Pistons. Just gotta keep playing well and hope the rest falls in to place.

gotta go 2-0 vs NO, 2-0 vs Mem; that's 11-0 if we handle business. Find a way to win 1 vs Dal, 1 vs Mia or Det, and 1 vs Was or Phi. there's 14 wins. 

Ideally, we take 3 games vs Mia, Det, Was, and i pray we can steal one vs Char. 

if you don't beat the teams you're supposed to, it gets harder. beat a team that's a scheduled loss and you're in better position or allow yourself an equally bad mistake. This is fun!

48 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The only scary thing about this team is I can't think of a great way to improve the rotation externally. I don't think we can add anything easy to make us better. It's not like adding a better 10th man PF would result in more wins. 

All improvement now is going to be internal growth and flipping players for better versions of themselves. 

I feel much more optimistic today than I did two weeks ago about the potential for internal growth. A lot of that is based almost exclusively on the improvements were witnessing in Isaac.