The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. I think we might just waive him. 

Why? His expiring might be useful on a possible trade if we need to eat a bad contract in the process. And he is not really that bad.

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We don't need Conley anymore

How good does it feel, now that we can afford to write statements like that?

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

How good does it feel, now that we can afford to write statements like that?

Its great reading and agreeing with them too

I'd like to start a discussion on what our team would look like with Fultz back in action. I know this largely depends on who is with us at the time but just speaking hypothetically. Someone yesterday posted something about how Philly's offense is a motion based offense they rarely relies on pick and rolls and that he should benefit greatly by playing for us (alluding to us running more pick and rolls). The thing is we don't run a lot of pick and rolls. We run what maybe 15% of our offense off 1-5 pick and rolls? So if the pick and roll is Fultz's strength what does the offense look like? Do we look like the same team until Vuch is moved? Just interested on how the team dynamics change with Fultz's game. 

So in theory the earliest possible date Fultz could play with us is next week vs Charlotte as he's just hanging with Bamba now and not going on the road trip. 

But most likely it's going to be after that

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'd like to start a discussion on what our team would look like with Fultz back in action. I know this largely depends on who is with us at the time but just speaking hypothetically. Someone yesterday posted something about how Philly's offense is a motion based offense they rarely relies on pick and rolls and that he should benefit greatly by playing for us (alluding to us running more pick and rolls). The thing is we don't run a lot of pick and rolls. We run what maybe 15% of our offense off 1-5 pick and rolls? So if the pick and roll is Fultz's strength what does the offense look like? Do we look like the same team until Vuch is moved? Just interested on how the team dynamics change with Fultz's game. 

Watch briscoe. Fultz will play the same way. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Watch briscoe. Fultz will play the same way. 

So he actually is fine in a motion offense being that Briscoe has no problem creating off the dribble even without a pick?

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So he actually is fine in a motion offense being that Briscoe has no problem creating off the dribble even without a pick?

He's can incorporate himself into the team by just playing briscoe's role.

He's maximized by playing pick and roll. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's can incorporate himself into the team by just playing briscoe's role.

He's maximized by playing pick and roll. 

God I hope we start running more pick and rolls. Every player benefits from that type of offense. With Gordon's improved passing I'd love to see him get to have more opportunities to be the ball handler in those situations. 

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

God I hope we start running more pick and rolls. Every player benefits from that type of offense. With Gordon's improved passing I'd love to see him get to have more opportunities to be the ball handler in those situations. 

Fwiw I don't think the type of offense impacted Fultz. I think playing with super high usage embiid and a guy who refuses to shoot hurt impacted Fultz. 

I continue to be confused by Lowe of all people still pushing the “what is Orlando doing” narrative. His assessment of yesterday’s deal is that we are still “wandering”. Idk, maybe we’re biased bc we’re fans of the team but that seems like a pretty obvious & straightforward trade to make. Buying low on a skilled prospect. 

I would be really surprise if we don`t keep Vuc this summer, our FO will not let an above average center that wants to be here walk. This plus Bamba needing playing time, means we will lose Birch in the off-season, right? And delay Bamba evolution.

The alternative is losing Vuc, keeping Birch and let Bamba start. I don`t love that either.