The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, Vucevic is about to become our first all-star since Dwight today. At least there’s that?

All-Star game is post-trade deadline. Is he still our all-star if we trade him?

24 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

All-Star game is post-trade deadline. Is he still our all-star if we trade him?

I think since he’s with us on selection day he’d represent us and the East, no matter what, but I’m not sure. This is the first time I remember the deadline being before the all star break.

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think since he’s with us on selection day he’d represent us and the East, no matter what, but I’m not sure. This is the first time I remember the deadline being before the all star break.

Yeah - they changed it after the Boogie situation

47 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

So, Vucevic is about to become our first all-star since Dwight today. At least there’s that?

Is this official or conjecture?

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There's no East or West, the players are in a pool and get drafted.

16 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Is this official or conjecture?

It’ll be announced tonight, but it’s just about guaranteed.

15 minutes ago, magicblue said:

There's no East or West, the players are in a pool and get drafted.

Good call, I forgot about the new format

• Upvote 1

I think we do nothing. I feel the current regime is more about playing it safe. Trading away our current All-star would be a bad PR move.

Trading away our pick would look real bad if we miss the playoffs. Imagine if that same pick moves up in the lotto.

Since we took too long to upgrade our guard position, i think they stay put.

Small chance we trade away Simmons or Ross, in that order. The only way we trade away the pick is if we are getting Jrue or Conley. 

And even then only if we are keeping Vuch,Gordon and Isaac. This is the mindset i see in current management. Just my humble opinion.

I picked Bamba as the possible trade chip because if they care more about appearances, keeping an all-star looks better then a rookie.

18 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Trading away our pick would look real bad if we miss the playoffs. Imagine if that same pick moves up in the lotto.

That's why you protect it...

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's why you protect it...

Ok, last stupid trade Idea till Monday. Would you do this trade for Conley if we offered our top 4 protected pick and they accepted.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7nvtshq

This is us trying to make the playoffs this year with possible roster spots open for any waived players.

This assumes Grizzlies trade Gasol as well and plan on doing full tank next two years.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Ok, last stupid trade Idea till Monday. Would you do this trade for Conley if we offered our top 4 protected pick and they accepted.

This is us trying to make the playoffs this year with possible roster spots open for any waived players.

This assumes Grizzlies trade Gasol as well and plan on doing full tank next two years.

I would personally. 

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Trading Bamba means we plan on keeping Vuc which gets a hard no from me. 

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Bamba and our pick is waaaaaay too much for Conley.