The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

You seem to have access and the know how to find the game thread, go take a look at it and I guarantee you that almost every person on here was saying the same thing that night.

If we really wanted to thank we could have sat all of our starters like they did

Yeah, sitting your best player the final 20 games in a contract year would probably lead to arbitration because it looks like you're trying to tank his value. Not sure you want that reputation hit as a franchise that screws their players. 

1 hour ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I think SGA is going to be the steal of this draft. We knew who Luka was going into it. I think Trae Young will either bust out or be mediocre, don't see him becoming a superstar. Ayton and Bamba will always be linked just because they're talented big men. Guess we will see who develops first. 

I desperately wanted the Magic to make a trade with the Clippers to get SGA during the draft. So so so so bad. SGA will be a solid guy to build around. 

I really liked SGA in the draft too. I would have reached and picked him over Bamba simply because we needed a guard much worse than another scrawny athletic development project. On the other hand I do believe one day we will have a PG that can do all the things we need him to do including perfect lobs to our 3 guys that can jump out of the gym.

17 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I really liked SGA in the draft too. I would have reached and picked him over Bamba simply because we needed a guard much worse than another scrawny athletic development project. On the other hand I do believe one day we will have a PG that can do all the things we need him to do including perfect lobs to our 3 guys that can jump out of the gym.

I liked SGA too. But it’s MUCH easier to find a guard then a athletic center with Bamba’s physical attributes and a shot that will develop. There’s quite a few good young PG’s that seem available, don’t see many all-star centers. 

I’ll easily keep Bamba over anyone drafted after him. His upside is still much higher then people are realizing for some reason. 

Dwight averaged 12/10/2 in almost 33mpg his rookie year. Bamba’s per 36 is 14/12/3. He’s fine. Bigs always take longer to adjust.

People are gonna look foolish on here when Bamba turns it on. I mean someone actually said Sexton over Bamba today. Pin that comment. 

18 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I liked SGA too. But it’s MUCH easier to find a guard then a athletic center with Bamba’s physical attributes and a shot that will develop. There’s quite a few good young PG’s that seem available, don’t see many all-star centers. 

I’ll easily keep Bamba over anyone drafted after him. His upside is still much higher then people are realizing for some reason. 

Dwight averaged 12/10/2 in almost 33mpg his rookie year. Bamba’s per 36 is 14/12/3. He’s fine. Bigs always take longer to adjust.

People are gonna look foolish on here when Bamba turns it on. I mean someone actually said Sexton over Bamba today. Pin that comment. 

I'll be interested to see how his body develops over the summer. His game is the least of my worries. 

16 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'll be interested to see how his body develops over the summer. His game is the least of my worries. 

Remember people worrying about Dwight’s body too? 

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Remember people worrying about Dwight’s body too? 

Yea I just hope he works on that aspect of his game. Another 6 pounds going into next season should give his inside game a nice boost. 

11 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't think you are ever going to see Bamba with a body like Embiid, if that is what you are looking for. But there is really no reason for him not to add some more muscle. I think KG is an example of a body type that you can expect.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't think you are ever going to see Bamba with a body like Embiid, if that is what you are looking for. But there is really no reason for him not to add some more muscle. I think KG is an example of a body type that you can expect.

I don't think any of us think or expect him to fill out like Dwight did. I think KG is a brilliant example of my hopes for Bamba's development, both from a physical standpoint, and even from a game/player perspective. 

7 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

dont trade for anyone

dont resign vuc

try to trade evan or let him expire when he does

build around big, draft a pg, resign ross

only way up

I'm not saying we need to re-sign Vuc; but if we aren't then we need to trade him for something. We should be able to pick up a late first round pick at the very least. I would hope we could get more for an (All-Star?) center than that, but you can't just let an asset walk away without trying to get something out of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alwaystragic said:

dont trade for anyone

dont resign vuc

try to trade evan or let him expire when he does

build around big, draft a pg, resign ross

only way up

We need an established PG to help develop B.I.G. We can't afford to take the chance of drafting one and having him not work out like EP.