The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Mike1989 said:

How many seasons have we spent heading for the worst record post-Dwight Howard?

This could be our seventh season heading in that direction. Granted one of those seasons under Skiles was similar to this one in that we tried to win but wasn't very good at it, but point is we've spent a lot of time trying for top picks and they haven't worked out for us.

Do we keep doing it and hope we finally get that guy? Or do we try and win and hope that development curve is good for the team and we potentially hit on someone outside the top five to ten picks like other teams have? 

This question has been answered for us already. We’ve spent more than half the season trying to win. We have not done a good enough job to believe we are going to be playoff bound. We have two future unrestricted free agents who could have strong value in the trade market at the deadline. This is less about tanking and more about recognizing where your team is and how you can maximize your assets. Get value back before those guys expire and potentially go elsewhere. Open up more minutes for your latest draft pick to develop. Test out a different offensive orientation where it’s not running through your center. Take some risks on highly touted players who aren’t working out with their team for whatever reason (DSJ/Ball/Fultz/Brown) and maybe you hit on a Russell like Brooklyn. 

The evaluation period should be over for Weltman and Hammond. This is a poorly constructed roster in need of better and more complimentary talent. 

• Upvote 2

With our season going down the drain is anyone else surprised or puzzled why Cliff won’t play BIG together? I don’t have the exact minutes but I think it’s maybe 5 minutes they have been on the court together all season. It just seems like he has tried a lot of different line up changes but he refuses to play them together. 

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

With our season going down the drain is anyone else surprised or puzzled why Cliff won’t play BIG together? I don’t have the exact minutes but I think it’s maybe 5 minutes they have been on the court together all season. It just seems like he has tried a lot of different line up changes but he refuses to play them together. 

It's really tough in our rotation to play those guys together because you're only giving Bamba 16mpg and it's during a time period where Isaac is resting to be subbed in for Gordon to give him rest. 

4 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

He’s waiting for the right moment to release the KRAKEN 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's really tough in our rotation to play those guys together because you're only giving Bamba 16mpg and it's during a time period where Isaac is resting to be subbed in for Gordon to give him rest. 

Cliffs rotations suck. Tell me one other team that pulls there best player first. And yes I said it AG is our best player. 

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Cliffs rotations suck. Tell me one other team that pulls there best player first. And yes I said it AG is our best player. 

He does that so he can stagger AG with the 2nd unit. 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Our rotations are bad but I believe Cliff is doing it because our bench stinks and it allows AG to have the ball with the second unit. What can’t be overstated is how mediocre Grant and Simmons have been, which clearly dogs AG with the second unit. 

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

He doesn't pull him. Gordon is always the first sub because they need his scoring in the second unit. He plays the most minutes on the team. If you keep Gordon in during the first quarter then you're stuck playing Grant-Isaac-Bamba lineups which would be disastrous

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Grant has also been really bad this year. It’s hard to fathom how much our team struggles with him on the court. His advanced net rating is -11.1. 

https://stats.nba.com/player/1626170/

Their numbers are really even worse too. They should be down by Bamba but are inflated a bit by the minutes they get to play in lineups with Fournier-Gordon-Vuc.