The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Seems we are great starters but lousy finishers

Gotta be a motto for the team in there somewhere. Something like:  “Magic, winners of half of almost every game they play”.  Or “Magic, fast out the gate but polite at the finish”.  Or something.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

So how many more losses till were out of the playoff picture entirely?

Well, we’re only 2.5 games back of Charlotte in 8th, but we also don’t know how to not lose to Charlotte by at least 25

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

So how many more losses till were out of the playoff picture entirely?

Charlotte is on pace for 39 wins.

So 17 losses before we're out of it. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Charlotte is on pace for 39 wins.

So 17 losses before we're out of it. 

And we have 37 games left. So, you think we need to go better than 20-17 the rest of the way? 

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And we have 37 games left. So, you think we need to go better than 20-17 the rest of the way? 

Ideally.

But I think 39 wins is the realistic goal number. You just try to get to that number and see what happens. 

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ideally.

But I think 39 wins is the realistic goal number. You just try to get to that number and see what happens. 

Yeah, I’m with you on that. Don’t see us going 20-17 the rest of the way without adding a piece or two. We need a point and we need a shooter in the second unit to take some of the pressure off Ross. We have 9 games (10 if you include Minnesota on deadline day) until the trade deadline. Wonder if we’re waiting to make a move depending on how that stretch goes. We have MIL, @ ATL, @ BKN, WAS, @ HOU, OKC, IND, BKN, and @ OKC in that stretch. Really need to find a way to go 5-4 or better in that stretch or else I see us give up at the deadline and trade Nik so he doesn’t walk for nothing. HAVE to beat Hawks, Nets, Wiz and the somehow find a way to steal another one, but I’m not sure which. Maybe home against OKC? Also, if Gordon’s out more than a night or two, we’re in huge trouble.