The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The odds of us being out of the playoff race before the last month are pretty slim. We have issues but so do the other teams near us.

Charlotte ends their season on a ridiculously difficult schedule where they play mostly road games, play 15 of their final 20 games against non tanking Western conference teams or Eastern conference playoff teams. 

Detroit is as flawed as we are.

Washington is hanging around thanks to Beal but how long is that going to last. 

We probably won't make the playoffs but teams won't pull away from us enough to make games meaningless. 

I understand what you’re saying but if we go, say 2-4 in the next six and are at 21-29, I think playoffs start to become less realistic.  We have to beat teams we should have a decent chance against more frequently. 

Going 0-3 so far in OT is emblematic of the problem.  You’d think those would be 50-50 propositions.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I understand what you’re saying but if we go, say 2-4 in the next six and are at 21-29, I think playoffs start to become less realistic.  We have to beat teams we should have a decent chance against more frequently. 

Going 0-3 so far in OT is emblematic of the problem.  You’d think those would be 50-50 propositions.  

We just went 1-5 and went from one game out of the playoffs to 2.5 games out of the playoffs (before last weekend). Being 21-29 isn't going to knock us out of the playoff race because the 8th seed is very likely to be 23-27

Every loss makes the playoffs less realistic but we're not going to be "beyond reasonable hope" until we're 12 games under .500 or we get to the point where another modest run like early in the season can't save us.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs because we're losing too many important games. But there's no reason to expect "no meaningful games in February" because we'll always be close enough to close that gap.

We'd have to go 6-13 or something to enter hopelessness in February 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We just went 1-5 and went from one game out of the playoffs to 2.5 games out of the playoffs (before last weekend). Being 21-29 isn't going to knock us out of the playoff race because the 8th seed is very likely to be 23-27

Every loss makes the playoffs less realistic but we're not going to be "beyond reasonable hope" until we're 12 games under .500 or we get to the point where another modest run like early in the season can't save us.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs because we're losing too many important games. But there's no reason to expect "no meaningful games in February" because we'll always be close enough to close that gap.

We'd have to go 6-13 or something to enter hopelessness in February 

Fair points.  

Wizards losing all game but come back and win late.  We haven't exactly been getting super lucky with the recent results of our playoff competition.

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Man, Zach Lowe and Kevin Arnovitz showing Vucevic a ton of love on the Lowe Post

recap for me if you can please?

7 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

recap for me if you can please?

Saying he’s a guaranteed all-star. Top 15 offensive player in the league. Lowe talked about how he’d love to see him on the Lakers and they talked a bit on if we’d be willing to trade him and what the price would be. Didn’t really give any specific suggestions,  but said we wouldn’t just make a lateral move for a different expiring, like KCP