The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I’m one of the guys who doesn’t want Fournier here much longer but I can’t lie this doc does give me an extra level of respect for him. I would like to see more unity between the vets and the young guys, especially on the road. 

One thing I've noticed lately is that Fournier and Gordon seem to be working together on the floor and getting along better where I didn't see this in the past.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

This. tired of fournier, his lack of defense and the constant mistakes he makes.

Surely you aren’t talking about fournier the Harden stopper! Lmao

After the loss to Detroit last night in OT, I think we’re late enough in the season to be close to an inflection point.  If we lose the next few games, playoffs start to fade rapidly as being realistic, especially since we haven’t shown to this point that we can go on any kind of a winning streak.  I’m hoping that the home and home back to back are successful as they were last weekend.  Even 1-1 would be an ok result.  I’d really like to have meaningful games in February for the first time in years, instead of everyone clamoring to find ways to lose as many of the remaining games as possible.  

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

After the loss to Detroit last night in OT, I think we’re late enough in the season to be close to an inflection point.  If we lose the next few games, playoffs start to fade rapidly as being realistic, especially since we haven’t shown to this point that we can go on any kind of a winning streak.  I’m hoping that the home and home back to back are successful as they were last weekend.  Even 1-1 would be an ok result.  I’d really like to have meaningful games in February for the first time in years, instead of everyone clamoring to find ways to lose as many of the remaining games as possible.  

The odds of us being out of the playoff race before the last month are pretty slim. We have issues but so do the other teams near us.

Charlotte ends their season on a ridiculously difficult schedule where they play mostly road games, play 15 of their final 20 games against non tanking Western conference teams or Eastern conference playoff teams. 

Detroit is as flawed as we are.

Washington is hanging around thanks to Beal but how long is that going to last. 

We probably won't make the playoffs but teams won't pull away from us enough to make games meaningless. 

• Like 1