The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

21 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Awww *****! They’re evaluating and will be until it’s too late again. 

Jesus how long do they need to evaluate? It’s been 1.5 seasons...we are fringe playoff team with Vuc playing out of his mind and we need a starting PG. Evaluation complete. Now do something about it

47 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Jesus how long do they need to evaluate? It’s been 1.5 seasons...we are fringe playoff team with Vuc playing out of his mind and we need a starting PG. Evaluation complete. Now do something about it

We didn’t even need the first evaluation year. It was clearly obvious. Sounds like they were just buying time 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not saying that we have to tank, but I could see Atlanta catching us if we were to do it. They're a completely different team with John Collins around, who's really freaking good, and Trae + Huerter are finding their groove as the backcourt of the future

I'm not sure you're actually taking in to effect what Atlanta catching us would actually entail. 

If we play the exact same quality of basketball as the back half of last season we're looking at 30 wins. 

For Atlanta to catch us at that pace they'd have to go 17 and 24. They have 27 games left against current playoff teams or teams that are competing for playoff spots in the West. 

Doesn't seem like a reasonable bet. 

16 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not saying that we have to tank, but I could see Atlanta catching us if we were to do it. They're a completely different team with John Collins around, who's really freaking good, and Trae + Huerter are finding their groove as the backcourt of the future

I think the point old mate is making here, and a right one at that, is that Atlanta started their rebuild 5 years after us and are already better with better young prospects. Why I think we need to trade Ross, Vooch and hit draft big time. We can get a back court with two lottery picks this year ( like Atlanta did with Young/Huerter) then it makes the future so much more exciting 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, harley said:

I think the point old mate is making here, and a right one at that, is that Atlanta started their rebuild 5 years after us and are already better with better young prospects. Why I think we need to trade Ross, Vooch and hit draft big time. We can get a back court with two lottery picks this year ( like Atlanta did with Young/Huerter) then it makes the future so much more exciting 

I’m starting to come around to the idea of this. Not getting **** for Vuc and Ross terrifies me if ross decides to leave us.

3 minutes ago, harley said:

You shouldn't be a prisoner of the moment. 

Huerter had 29 last game. He hit 5 of 8 threes. Previous 4 games he's averaging 11.5 on 35/17/80 shooting. 6 games ago he had 22 on 6 threes. The previous 5 games from that game he had 8.8 ppg on 35/24/100 shooting. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You shouldn't be a prisoner of the moment. 

Huerter had 29 last game. He hit 5 of 8 threes. Previous 4 games he's averaging 11.5 on 35/17/80 shooting. 6 games ago he had 22 on 6 threes. The previous 5 games from that game he had 8.8 ppg on 35/24/100 shooting. 

Give me some of that with a little less of Fournier and a No more of Grant.

2 hours ago, harley said:

I was actually talking about this season’s standings haha. But yes, I’d trade our entire roster for theirs in a heartbeat

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I was actually talking about this season’s standings haha. But yes, I’d trade our entire roster for theirs in a heartbeat

That's just because you believe in Trae Young

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That's just because you believe in Trae Young

That and Collins and Huerter have nice offensive games. I'm not a Bamba-Isaac-Gordon hater at all, but they'll have to improve a lot on offense for us to be successful. Either that or one gets moved

4 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Why.... Those numbers are piss poor.

You really think so? Tell me one young player in our roster that can hit 6 3’s like that.