The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Awww *****! They’re evaluating and will be until it’s too late again. 

I like to imagine the curb your enthusiasm music plays every time we get an offer lol

Not saying that we have to tank, but I could see Atlanta catching us if we were to do it. They're a completely different team with John Collins around, who's really freaking good, and Trae + Huerter are finding their groove as the backcourt of the future

10 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Awww *****! They’re evaluating and will be until it’s too late again. 

The cycle continues

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Doncic is the real deal top quality special man. Wow. I'm slightly pissed we didn't trade up for him. 

I’m not sure if the Mavs would just keep outbidding us, but I don’t think the Hawks would care whether they received the 5th or the 6th pick because none of the teams were interested in Trae Young. Dallas already had DSJ

I do think we should have made more of an effort to get him, being so devoid of talent. I always thought he was the safest and most NBA ready pick, even if I like(d) Trae more long term

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m not sure if the Mavs would just keep outbidding us, but I don’t think the Hawks would care whether they received the 5th or the 6th pick because none of the teams were interested in Trae Young. Dallas already had DSJ

I do think we should have made more of an effort to get him, being so devoid of talent. I always thought he was the safest and most NBA ready pick, even if I like(d) Trae more long term

Dunno man. Guess we will never know. But yeah he is going to bed good and get better for a long long LONG time

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Without a doubt 

We could have

PG? Oladipo Harris AG Sabonis

That’s why drafting and sticking with Payton was Hennigan’s fatal mistake.

Keeping Fournier instead of Oladipo was because EF was supposed to be a better fit with Payton.

With that said, the draft is impossible to master. Payton and Fox are pretty much the same prospect, but one is a fiery guy that will do anything to get better and the other doesn’t have the emotional fortitude to be better than he was as a rookie.

I think Hennigan will get another shot at running a team after a few years. No one has a 100% batting rate, and his is pretty  good

32 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That’s why drafting and sticking with Payton was Hennigan’s fatal mistake.

Keeping Fournier instead of Oladipo was because EF was supposed to be a better fit with Payton.

With that said, the draft is impossible to master. Payton and Fox are pretty much the same prospect, but one is a fiery guy that will do anything to get better and the other doesn’t have the emotional fortitude to be better than he was as a rookie.

I think Hennigan will get another shot at running a team after a few years. No one has a 100% batting rate, and his is pretty  good

he is a Excellent scout no doubting that. 

• Like 1