The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

So he's a similar player but 3 years younger in those comparisons?  Seems not so bad.

The level of badness will be entirely based on his contract. It's either "whatever, we gave him 3/36. That's a good gamble" or "we gave him 4/64. That could really hurt us"

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

The level of badness will be entirely based on his contract. It's either "whatever, we gave him 3/36. That's a good gamble" or "we gave him 4/64. That could really hurt us"

Yeah I would agree with that.  Like I said, I'm not really for or against the guy at this point in time but I also have never really been blown away by the other options.  All the guys who could theoretically land here this summer (aside from Kemba, who is a long shot) seem to me to be in the same tier or so.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat intrigued by a guy like Russell who can go fetch his own shot (wherever it comes from) as compared to a guy like Ball who seemingly lacks that type of offensive skill set that we've been missing for so long.

So justice winslow might actually be a pretty damn good point guard lol first time watching a heat game with him starting and the dude is balling

Also Boston getting dominated on the rebounds!

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We're the worst team at getting to the line in the league. He'd be the worst at getting to the line on the magic this season. 

This is because he's really bad at getting to the rim. And really bad at scoring at the rim. 

He's a below average three point shooter. 

He scores a bunch in the mid range. We score a bunch in the mid range. 

Yeah but she’s shown capable in the past to be able to knock down 3s. And maybe with cliffs coaching he can get the most out of him, coaching him into better shot selection. If he can break down the defense and dribble penetrate, he can also get guys like Isaac and Bamba better looks. 

And for the record I’m down for DSJ too. Not a fan of ball at all. 

12 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Jalen brown and Marcus Morris got into it tonight... didn’t look too serious though

http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/e72725e0-27a6-4b35-962e-c5c3709fa1f9

Whats that you say? Trouble in Boston. Time For an apocalypse trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7u8wblk

This is mostly a joke but i think i would be on board!

Two seasons ago, Gordon appeared to find his niche as a playmaking power forward -- a screen-setter who could pass and dribble, Draymond Green-style, in open space. We have not seen much of that player since.

Nikola Vucevic is Orlando's hub. Jonathan Isaac starts at power forward, and needs pick-and-roll reps.

Gordon doesn't get much run on the other end of pick-and-rolls; he uses only seven ball screens per 100 possessions, about where he was in 2016. He has made incremental progress as a passer and ball-handler, but not nearly enough to work as a No. 1 or 2 option.

That leaves Gordon sort of floating around the offense instead of participating in it. He's not a good enough shooter to thrive in a spot-up role. He scrounges points in transition, and randomly ducks in for post-ups. He's not really good at that, either; the Magic have scored just 0.7 points per possession whenever Gordon shoots out the post or passes to a teammate who shoots right away, per Second Spectrum -- 114th out of 121 players who have recorded at least 20 post-ups.

Gordon is talented enough to stumble into 15 points per game this way. He's a solid rebounder, and a stopper on defense across almost every position if he's dialed in.

There is a better player in here, somewhere. The Magic have shrouded it by shoehorning Gordon into too many wing minutes. But Gordon hasn't developed any one offensive skill to the point that you are certain about what his role should be.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25731162/10-things-like-including-silly-all-star-rules-nba

He then said he loves playing for the Knicks, and hopes to have the chance to next season. 

"As I said, this coaching staff, I wish I had them in my rookie year," Hezonja said. "I’m not saying anything about what I had. It was just rough and unfortunate situation what happened to me. I wish they were my coaching staff in my rookie year. We’d be talking a different story right now. Yeah, I’m happy to be around them. ...This is not a typical BS talk. ‘I’m only thinking about this, I don’t know what it’s gonna be.’ I know. This is it. I love this. I want to be in New York."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nba/knicks/2019/01/11/new-york-knicks-why-mario-hezonja-believes-time-bench-helped/2543485002/

Mario throwing some shade on Skiles...