The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Isn’t it strange the Brooklyn Nets are better than us. After being laughingstock for years even they managed to turn it around. But yea looking at the standings sure we only three games out, but Celtics and Rockets up next. FFS just sell off. 

They are not better than us. They are just playing better.

3 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Isn’t it strange the Brooklyn Nets are better than us. After being laughingstock for years even they managed to turn it around. But yea looking at the standings sure we only three games out, but Celtics and Rockets up next. FFS just sell off. 

They are playing better, yes... but is due to the fact that they are farming our future PG. 

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

They are not better than us. They are just playing better.

It's the difference between having briscoe-Ross-iwundu-Birch as your bench and dinwiddie-shabazz-demarre Carroll-Ed Davis. 

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's the difference between having briscoe-Ross-iwundu-Birch as your bench and dinwiddie-shabazz-demarre Carroll-Ed Davis. 

yeah same here i agree

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

likewise, time will tell

I mean he'd make us better than we are today but we'd basically be making the 2015 Detroit signing Reggie Jackson mistake. 

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean he'd make us better than we are today but we'd basically be making the 2015 Detroit signing Reggie Jackson mistake. 

Eh, I think he's better than Jackson.  I'm not sure I'm sold or anything like that, but if he's what we end up with I think I'd at least have an optimistic open mind about it.  Is he super efficient? Probably not, but guys like Rozier and Ball who we keep mentioning aren't either.

We've been pining for a guy who can a) create his own offense and b) facilitate and create plays for others.  Russell can do both of those things at least.

3 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Eh, I think he's better than Jackson.  I'm not sure I'm sold or anything like that, but if he's what we end up with I think I'd at least have an optimistic open mind about it.  Is he super efficient? Probably not, but guys like Rozier and Ball who we keep mentioning aren't either.

We've been pining for a guy who can a) create his own offense and b) facilitate and create plays for others.  Russell can do both of those things at least.

Yeah I’m tempted to say with regards to fit, Russell brings what we need. He may not be the best PG in FA, but damn sure brings to the table what we’ve been lacking 

3 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yeah I’m tempted to say with regards to fit, Russell brings what we need. He may not be the best PG in FA, but damn sure brings to the table what we’ve been lacking 

We're the worst team at getting to the line in the league. He'd be the worst at getting to the line on the magic this season. 

This is because he's really bad at getting to the rim. And really bad at scoring at the rim. 

He's a below average three point shooter. 

He scores a bunch in the mid range. We score a bunch in the mid range. 

24 minutes ago, ML6 said:

http://bkref.com/tiny/LgmfD