The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

1. This isn't a deep draft.

2. It's highly unlikely we catch Atlanta at 5. If we replicate the second half of last year we're going to end up with 30 wins. We have a very easy schedule remaining. 9 games left against bottom 5 teams. 

3. If we finish 6th we have a 81.8% chance of not picking Zion or Barrett. We would have a 50.3% chance of picking 7th or 8th. If we go all out for the playoffs and aren't good enough to make it we probably finish 9th. Our odds of getting Zion or Barrett only drop to 9.3%. 

4. The guys available at 6 (most likely 7th or 8th) aren't really different than the guys available at 9 (most likely 9th)

5. This is a bad draft outside of the top 3. There are useful players. Someone is going to be good outside of the lottery but it's going to be impossible to project that guy. That's why there's reports that GMs hate this draft. 

Ultimately it's just a really bad idea to tank at this point in the season. We should know by now that it's a bad idea to tank mid season. 

We should know by now that running vuch and Evan as our go to guys will not get us in the playoffs. 

Also, I can't remember who said we were a bad defensive rebounding team but we're actually one of the best teams in the league at preventing offensive rebounds. We're 6th best.

18 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't see how this is a positive in the least bit. If we make the playoffs with a terrible record we are still terrible. It shows no improvement.  

Well technically it would be an improvement over last year's full on abomination

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Also, I can't remember who said we were a bad defensive rebounding team but we're actually one of the best teams in the league at preventing offensive rebounds. We're 6th best.

That was me during the TWolves game, we couldn’t buy a board. I know we weren’t as bad as we looked in that game, but I didn’t know we were that good. Interesting

10 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

pointless drafting him

They changed their mind later.

But if you want some good news they have this guy named BJ Johnson who's looking pretty awesome