The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

We're playing a similar style of play to the Spurs but don't have the players to pull that off. Vucevic posts up more than 6 NBA teams but it isn't an efficient shot and while other guys who post up as often as vucevic aren't significantly more efficient but they do draw fouls. Vucevic has 12 fts this year in 276 post ups. Embiid has 115. Gordon shouldn't post up at all. 

Slow pace. 

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We're playing a similar style of play to the Spurs but don't have the players to pull that off. Vucevic posts up more than 6 NBA teams but it isn't an efficient shot and while other guys who post up as often as vucevic aren't significantly more efficient but they do draw fouls. Vucevic has 12 fts this year in 276 post ups. Embiid has 115. Gordon shouldn't post up at all. 

Slow pace. 

It’s possible we just don’t get the respect, but by and large a huge disparity.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

If we trade Vooch, which one would expect, it’s going to get ugly before getting better. Our whole system would need to change. However, I’m convinced building a team around Vooch, which we have tried to do again and again, will not lead to a contending team. 

Yeah. Best option for us now is to trade vuc and try to include fournier (not sure anyone would want him and dont know if its possible salary wise...)

Blow up (again) and start over (again), but this time relying 100% on bamba, isaac, gordon, ross and whoever comes.

37 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

Yeah. Best option for us now is to trade vuc and try to include fournier (not sure anyone would want him and dont know if its possible salary wise...)

Blow up (again) and start over (again), but this time relying 100% on bamba, isaac, gordon, ross and whoever comes.

I have a feeling the only way we can shed fournier is if we are trading for a guy that’s also over paid like Wiggins or crabbe

I think one of our main issues is that our team has players for basically two different systems of play on both ends that don't mesh together that well.

On offense, we have some guys that should be well suited in a fast tempo, lots of movement and cutting, getting up the court, style of play. (Gordon, Isaac, Simmons, Bamba)

Then we have guys that are better suited for a slowed down, half court, methodical style of play. (Vucevic, Augustin).

Then we have maybe two guys that are maybe ok in either system. (Fournier, Ross).

On defense, it is the same story. We have guys built for a defense that switches a lot (Gordon, Isaac, Ross especially), and guys that can't really switch at all without being put in a bad position (Vucevic, Augustin especially).

You are going to have issues if the pieces struggle to fit together like ours sometimes do.

Tomorrow we play the Jazz

Rubio..Exum and Sefolosha are all out.

Means Raul Neto will be the PG..

We need to take advantage tomorrow.

I'd imagine we will see a steady dose of Mitchell and Ingles handling the ball.

5 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Lorenzo brown is available 6’5” point guard  mvp of g league released by Toronto. Any takers?

2 ppg and 1apg with 21% from 3 points. 

I pass.