The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I’m sick and tired that year in and year out it’s always the same story. I’m of the mind set anymore that maybe we should blow it up, but then I look back at when Skiles was here we were starting to turn the corner a bit and then we got rid of Tobias who destroyed us the other night and then got rid of Vic and he’s an AllStar then passed on Sabonis who quietly has put up some solid performances and now considered a good pick. We seem to be caught in no mans land. I am perplexed and at a loss as to why we can’t seem to ever sustain any kind of identity or grit. We are soft and lack any shot creator aside from Vuc and TRoss coming off screens. 

7 hours ago, MagicOne said:

Right now their jumpers look horrible. You can almost hear  Magic fans groan as they are about ready to launch.

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I have faith in both. That is all we can do.

Realistically until we get a really good PG we cannot judge the team.

As it stands we are just working with what we have. It is what it is.

The posts above referring to Isaac and Bamba.  

I wish we didn’t need to “have faith” that shots that don’t look very good would improve over time.  It would be so nice if we actually drafted or acquired a few players who weren’t projects on the offensive end.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m sick and tired that year in and year out it’s always the same story. I’m of the mind set anymore that maybe we should blow it up, but then I look back at when Skiles was here we were starting to turn the corner a bit and then we got rid of Tobias who destroyed us the other night and then got rid of Vic and he’s an AllStar then passed on Sabonis who quietly has put up some solid performances and now considered a good pick. We seem to be caught in no mans land. I am perplexed and at a loss as to why we can’t seem to ever sustain any kind of identity or grit. We are soft and lack any shot creator aside from Vuc and TRoss coming off screens. 

That’s why we’re the worst run franchise of the decade

25 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That’s why we’re the worst run franchise of the decade

OK this post is just for conversation. Other teams that could be considered for worst run franchise of the decade. Also, which of these teams would i switch places with right now.

Got to start with the obvious, the Kings. Kings are still making huge mistakes, they should have picked Doncic. However, i would still rather be the Kings.

They have a bright future with pieces that actually fit together. Jury is still out on that front office, i'm only giving them props for actually trading Boogie.

Nets. Probably the winners of this discussion, hard to mess up a whole decade as bad as they did. However, they learned from their mistakes and acquired some great players. Amazing to think this, but i'm pretty sure they are in a better position then the Magic right now.

Suns. Still highly dysfunctional, still making the wrong decisions, lucked into a few good players. My personal choice for worst run franchise of the decade. Still might have a better future then the Magic, simply by having Booker,Warren, Ayton and Oubre. Lets see what they do with those guys.

Knicks. Jury is still out,but they are still owned by Dolan. Really depends on how Porzingis comes back and if they can finally attract a free agent to come join him.

Bulls. So many mistakes, but barely on the list because of some success. Really wouldn't want to be them going forward.

Lakers. We are linked to them because decade started in ruins because of the same player. Still, much like the next two teams, they were saved by Lebron.

Timberwolves. Totally belong here, only one playoff appearance and a ****ty front office. Could be in the running for worst if Lebron hadn't slightly altered their destiny.

Honorable mention, Cavs. Would easily be number 1 if Lebron didn't come back. Still can't believe they took Bennett which gave our franchise the actual shot at the best player in the draft. The fact that we did actually target and pick Oladipo makes us much better. It's been all downhill since that moment.Greek freak doesn't count, we wouldn't have drafted him, but the Cavs should have. If your gonna pick a player everyone agreed had no business going that high at least they could have targeted Giannis, basically lebron Jr.

I think i would still rather be in the Cavs or Timberwolves situation right now. Depends on how they handle their assets.

Our team defense made the kings look like the globetrotters

This is really a disaster. There was some hope during november and early december, but it dissipated quickly. 

lousy defense by everyone, headed by fournier. gordon not participating enough in offense. bamba not maturing. isaac cold. horrible job by grant. simmons cant buy a basket.

Given that the majority are the same guys that have been here for a long time, I think this is not cliff's fault. 

oladipo and tobias trades damaged our franchise for good. Hopefully we can find some gem in the draft to recover, because the apathy from these guys, game in and game out, is 100% frustrating

/rant

15 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

oladipo and tobias trades damaged our franchise for good. Hopefully we can find some gem in the draft to recover, because the apathy from these guys, game in and game out, is 100% frustrating

/rant

It sure would make sense to make trades that look to the future rather than fall prey to the tyranny of the urgent. 

• Upvote 1

If we trade Vooch, which one would expect, it’s going to get ugly before getting better. Our whole system would need to change. However, I’m convinced building a team around Vooch, which we have tried to do again and again, will not lead to a contending team. 

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

If we trade Vooch, which one would expect, it’s going to get ugly before getting better. Our whole system would need to change. However, I’m convinced building a team around Vooch, which we have tried to do again and again, will not lead to a contending team. 

I think Vuch could be a productive player on a good team, he would look awesome on the Celtics. But the best thing he could do here is get us another player.

If we had never traded them Vuch would be our 3rd option behind Dipo and Harris. He is not a star, he can't drag a team to even 35 wins. We can't afford to give him another 4 year 15 million plus contract. He deserves that from someone, so lets help him get there!

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yeah. 

His defense has fallen off significantly lately. Hard to criticize him too much due to his consistent offense but the style of play isn't good for our roster construction. 

We're really bad at creating points off turnovers, fast break points, second chance points, and points in the paint. 

We give up a lot of points in the paint and fast break points. 

We take the 4th most mid range shots in the league.