The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

I would love to do a trade centred around Vuc for Rozier and Brown, and then Rozier turns out to be full time playoff Terry with the starting role and Brown gets back to his best. Long term Rozier - Brown - Isaac - Gordon - Bamba could be a great core to build around if it works. Piss Evan off for some bench help and we could be back on track.

I haven't watched much of Brown this season, what seems to be the reason for his struggles? Could a starting role and more involvement in the game plan be the key to getting him back to his best? 

4 hours ago, The Boss said:

I would love to do a trade centred around Vuc for Rozier and Brown, and then Rozier turns out to be full time playoff Terry with the starting role and Brown gets back to his best. Long term Rozier - Brown - Isaac - Gordon - Bamba could be a great core to build around if it works. Piss Evan off for some bench help and we could be back on track.

I haven't watched much of Brown this season, what seems to be the reason for his struggles? Could a starting role and more involvement in the game plan be the key to getting him back to his best? 

Brown can't shoot 

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

He did shoot 39.5% from 3 last season though.

Yeah, I think it's more a case of inconsistent minutes and undefined role that's dragging his numbers down this year.  Trading Vooch for Brown, Rozier, and filler is still my trade fantasy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Yeah, I think it's more a case of inconsistent minutes and undefined role that's dragging his numbers down this year.  Trading Vooch for Brown, Rozier, and filler is still my trade fantasy.

Yea that sounds great, hope Boston keeps losing lol. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:16 PM, The Boss said:

You would have to think Boston fans are not real ecstatic about the team's play this year.   Makes sense that they may make a move as the trade deadline nears.  To get the above in return for Vuc (and maybe others) would be an incredible "potential" return.  I hope the Magic FO, if they pursue that option, also remember Boston has 4 first round draft picks next year (none of them looking to be too high--curently 13, 14, 21 and 23) so I would try to hold out for the Kings or Grizzlies pick (13 or 14 currently).  I am also rooting for Boston to continue to struggle.  Their desparation meter will only rise as the trade deadline nears.

7 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

You would have to think Boston fans are not real ecstatic about the team's play this year.   Makes sense that they may make a move as the trade deadline nears. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Thanks........I said  "You would have to think Boston fans are not real ecstatic about the team's play this year."  Above comment from @BillSimmons takes "thinking" out of the equation.  Ainge is a great GM and, in the past, has not overreacted.  I never thought we would get much for Vuc but just maybe.............

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Thanks........I said  "You would have to think Boston fans are not real ecstatic about the team's play this year."  Above comment from @BillSimmons takes "thinking" out of the equation.  Ainge is a great GM and, in the past, has not overreacted.  I never thought we would get much for Vuc but just maybe.............

Ainge has had a good trek record of late,  but before he pantsed the Nets on one of the dumbest trades in history, he was captain panic and the Celtics were on the verge of firing him

There’s a saying about ‘too many chefs in the kitchen’ well the Celtics have been in some kind of stasis since Irving and Hayward came back of no fault of the two returning stars. It’s natural for the younger players to defer to the veterans, especially the caliber of which Irving and Hayward represent in the league and so the team has regressed. Nobody in the backcourt knows exactly what their role on the team really is anymore, with players going from bench to starting lineup and progression, both individually and team-wise in limbo as a result.

It’s time to make a decision, either trade one of the veterans maybe both and allow the youth to take back their roles last year or trade one of the youngsters. Most likely Jaylen Brown along with Rozier. Talents are being wasted in this manner, make a run at another franchise player. It doesn’t even have to be Anthony Davis if it makes the team work. The Celtics have been having some injury trouble with Horford this year, why not make shore up the frontcourt with another option to reduce the pressure on Horford? Nevertheless, the Celtics need to do something while they can, stacked with talent or not, these situations don’t always end up working for the best.

Jermaine O’Neal was once on the Trail Blazers bench before flourishing on the Pacers with more minutes, maybe the Celtics can find the next O’Neal. On the other hand, there’s always the chance Brown might be the one that flourishes on another team, and trading your key free agent acquisition especially right after a devastating injury in Hayward is not good optics either.

https://fansided.com/2018/12/31/nba-2019-new-years-resolutions-every-team/3/