The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Ross for hart and kcp?

Ross and 2019 first for lonzo?

Ross and Vuc for kcp lonzo and Wagner/zubac?

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

How is it worse? I see nothing wrong at all with anything Evan has said. He didnt bash Tmac. He said Durant would beat him 1v1. Wow. Tmac got triggered over nothing. It’s a barbershop debate. If you’re that sensitive stay off social media. 

Nah I just mean fanning the flames so to speak by saying “he was all sensitive” probably won’t help anything. 

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Nah I just mean fanning the flames so to speak by saying “he was all sensitive” probably won’t help anything. 

True that 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Just eagerly anticipating for the day we add Bamba to those two so we can see B.I.G. in action.  The faster they start playing together the faster we have one of the best frontcourts in the NBA.

According to sources who spoke with Liberty Ballers Wednesday, the Detroit Pistons and Orlando Magic have recently demonstrated interest in trading for Markelle Fultz. 

The recent adductor injury to Pistons reserve guard (and former Sixer) Ish Smith, as well as inconsistent play from Detroit’s lead guard, Reggie Jackson, has the Eastern Conference rival exploring ways to possibly shake up its backcourt while adding a high-upside prospect. An increased willingness for risk in Detroit can be partially interpreted as a testament of faith in incumbent Coach of the Year, Dwane Casey, who Detroit has confidence in, and disappointment (among some in the organization) in their current rotation of guards. 

Two of the Pistons’ assistant general managers, Malik Rose, and Sachin Gupta, have ties to Philadelphia. The former was a broadcaster from 2011-2015 for the Sixers, while the latter was the driving force behind many of (former team president) Sam Hinkie’s trades.

As for Orlando, it is no secret they too want to improve their guard spot. With a renewed emphasis on player development (having recently given up too soon on former lottery pick Victor Oladipo), they’re confident they now have a group, run by coach Steve Clifford, where high-upside, athletic, and defensively capable players can reach their full potential. This environment makes the former first overall pick appealing to them. 

Fultz was recently diagnosed with neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome and is currently in California, rehabbing with Dr. Judy Seto. Dr. Seto specializes in treating NBA stars, Kobe Bryant being one example, and was recently profiled here by our own Kevin F. Love. 

This Saturday, December 15, will be the date newly signed free agents will be eligible for trade.

On the Pistons, three such players include José Calderón, Glenn Robinson III, and Zaza Pachulia. 

On the Magic, Isaiah Briscoe fits the bill. 

Of course, other players like Ish Smith, Langston Galloway, Terrence Ross, and Jonathan Simmons also have contracts that are comparable to Fultz’s current salary (currently making ~$8.3M and due ~$9.7M next season) and could potentially help the Sixers during a playoff run, without costing the franchise the chance to pursue bigger talents come July. 

The possibility of a three-team trade exists as well. The Phoenix Suns were recently linked via rumor to the former first overall pick, but have recently cooled to the idea, we were told. 

Fultz is eager to return to the court with a fresh start as soon as he is healthy. For the Sixers, the possibility of improving their current roster depth while simultaneously increasing their cap space for this summer carries a lot of appeal within their fledgling, but very ambitious, collaborative front office. For what it’s worth, there are members of the Sixers brass who would have preferred to “keep trying to make it work here” given Fultz’s upside, although the prevailing opinion now is that it would be better for everyone to simply move forward. 

Things should heat up over the next couple of weeks.

https://www.libertyballers.com/2018/12/13/18138534/pistons-magic-trading-for-markelle-fultz

Hey there everyone, an owner from our Fantasy league was kicked out mid-season and we need a replacement. It's possibly the most stacked team in the league with Embiid, Westbrook, Giannis, Kyrie etc.

Hit me up if interested

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Hey there everyone, an owner from our Fantasy league was kicked out mid-season and we need a replacement. It's possibly the most stacked team in the league with Embiid, Westbrook, Giannis, Kyrie etc.

Hit me up if interested

I would def be down if it’s still open. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Hit me up if interested

Damn. That is a team.