The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

26 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Talk about insecure—T-Macs response was a bit much. The correct answer was Durant anyways. I’m the biggest T-Mac fan ever but let’s get real. Fournier didn’t say anything wrong 

I dunno. They're basically the same player. Does 3 inches really make the difference here?

36 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Who will be the first guy we trade this season?

That's actually a really tough question, depending on what management's goals are for this season, and their plan for the future. If you are really trying to make the playoffs this year, then neither Vucevic or Ross are going anywhere; though they currently have the most value based on their play and/or their expiring contracts. Fournier's value has got to be pretty low right now, based on his play more than 1/4 of this season and a couple of years left at $17M. Simmons contract isn't bad, but his value has to be low as well, based on play.  I don't see Gordon, Isaac, or Bamba going anywhere unless it is a pretty big, obvious win for us trade. I don't see anyone wanting to specifically trade for Grant, Briscoe, Iwundu, Martin, Mozgov,  or Frazier.  That leaves Augustin, who isn't going anywhere unless you are bringing in a better PG in the trade; and Birch, who probably hasn't had enough time on the floor this year to really peak anyone's interest.

If management isn't concerned about making the playoffs this year, then I think Vucevic will be the first traded, but probably not until closer to the February deadline. Fournier if he manages to get out of his funk, and puts together 12-15 good games in the rest of Dec, Jan, and Feb. I think TRoss only goes if it is a pretty clear win, or a young, potential star PG coming back.  I would rather see us retain TRoss, and trade Fournier; but if it brings back Ball, or Fultz, I would probably have to go for it. 

The McGrady vs Durant debate is interesting because you're looking at peak McGrady not full career McGrady. 

And peak McGrady was March 2003 where he averaged 37/6/6 on 49/43/79 shooting with 3 made threes per game, 2 steals per game, and almost a block per game

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The McGrady vs Durant debate is interesting because you're looking at peak McGrady not full career McGrady. 

And peak McGrady was March 2003 where he averaged 37/6/6 on 49/43/79 shooting with 3 made threes per game, 2 steals per game, and almost a block per game

I don’t think either player could stop the other. It would be who was shooting better that day. They could play ten times and still not have a clear winner. 

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I don’t think either player could stop the other. It would be who was shooting better that day. They could play ten times and still not have a clear winner. 

I dunno. I think I give the edge to Tmac. Maybe I’m unintentionally biased but he was the most dominate two way player I have seen.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

I dunno. I think I give the edge to Tmac. Maybe I’m unintentionally biased but he was the most dominate two way player I have seen.

No hair issues either, so there's that too.

• Downvote 1

Like Fournier T-Mac is entitled to his opinion the thing is Fournier's opinion is wrong! It's not "easy".

If you're a player of Fournier or Smith's stature you better come with a well informed opinion if you choose to speak on one of the greats. 

I think Fournier not backing a franchise legend is a bad look. Idk, seems kind of tone deaf. Even if he thinks KD would stomp him, he can keep that to himself.

Doesn’t McGrady have a small role with the team and show up to practices every so often? 

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That eye though...

He was able to keep an eye on two defenders at the same time. It was actually a great advantage for him. Wouldn't make much of a difference in this 1 on 1 scenario, of course.

8 minutes ago, rekraprovert said:

He was able to keep an eye on two defenders at the same time. It was actually a great advantage for him. Wouldn't make much of a difference in this 1 on 1 scenario, of course.

True. Plus he still had that look like he was going to drop 50+ on ya. Maybe even aided in intimidation.