The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I know. I still don’t see this being a move that makes sense for Brooklyn. Fournier adds even more long term salary.

But cuts short term salary and is a significantly better player

48 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If you look at their last ten games they look like the same damn player. So idk how significant the difference is. 

There was a podcast recently that discussed him and they brought up that he's not good on offense because he can't do anything with the ball. 77 of his 80 made shots this year are assisted. He's shooting 26% on shots this year after he's asked to dribble even one dribble. So he's a set up in the corner and wait for a kick type player. 

Evan can do more. He's had a rough year but he's hit game winners. He can drive at the rim. He's more worth that contract. You can find Crabbe for cheap which Brooklyn basically did with Joe Harris. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

There was a podcast recently that discussed him and they brought up that he's not good on offense because he can't do anything with the ball. 77 of his 80 made shots this year are assisted. He's shooting 26% on shots this year after he's asked to dribble even one dribble. So he's a set up in the corner and wait for a kick type player. 

Evan can do more. He's had a rough year but he's hit game winners. He can drive at the rim. He's more worth that contract. You can find Crabbe for cheap which Brooklyn basically did with Joe Harris. 

“Rough year”. That’s putting it lightly!!

his drives to the basket have been inept this year. He looks injured or something I’m not sure what but he does not look right. 

LEAGUE EXECUTIVES BELIEVE Indiana might look to move one of its point guards. Darren Collison and Cory Joseph roughly split the position and are both in the final years of their deals. The team is high on rookie Aaron Holiday and could want to clear out room for him

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25501657/clippers-scouting-kawhi-leonard-kevin-durant-nba

wouldn't mind giving Joseph an audition for the rest of the year

1 minute ago, rekraprovert said:

Imagine playing in front of 18,000 people with that hair situation.....we'd all struggle too. Look good, play good....and homeboy is looking ROUGH.

Wear a wide headband or shave it all. Grow up most men lose their hair. 

1 minute ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25501657/clippers-scouting-kawhi-leonard-kevin-durant-nba

wouldn't mind giving Joseph an audition for the rest of the year

Meh. I dunno. I've never really been a fan and he's pretty low on my list of targets. 

I just don't really know what the upside is with him. How does that really play out? We trade for him to be our starter? He's never really shown the ability to be a starter even when he's been given the opportunity to start. 

He's ok at a lot of things. And if we decided in 7 months to sign him as a backup I'd be fine with it. I just don't know that I'd trade for him

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Meh. I dunno. I've never really been a fan and he's pretty low on my list of targets. 

I just don't really know what the upside is with him. How does that really play out? We trade for him to be our starter? He's never really shown the ability to be a starter even when he's been given the opportunity to start. 

He's ok at a lot of things. And if we decided in 7 months to sign him as a backup I'd be fine with it. I just don't know that I'd trade for him

I'd trade Simmons for him.  He'd be a nice upgrade over Grant, and since he's expiring we could move on if he doesn't work out.

44 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

“Rough year”. That’s putting it lightly!!

his drives to the basket have been inept this year. He looks injured or something I’m not sure what but he does not look right. 

He's shooting 49.4% on drives. 

His problem isn't drives it's above the break threes.